Please note this is a 1 month contract position.
This is a Data Center Hardware Design Engineer and within the respective discipline, operates independently and cooperatively on assignments to: 1) Develop preliminary, schematic and finished designs for data center facility systems to delivery required data center standards of performance and reliability.2) Develop finished engineering documents (prints and specifications) in accordance with the data center design Scope of Work as commissioned by the client and directed by Senior Engineers, employing standard engineering software packages (i.e. AutoCad, etc.) and custom software tools. 3) Conduct engineering field surveys of facilities, documents and site utility capabilities to establish facts for basis of designs, reviewing and assuring accuracy of all data collected for use in the design process. 4) Develops bid specifications based on design work, industry codes, equipment performance information, budgetary guidance and local jurisdiction regulations. 5) Prepares design sales proposals supporting sales pursuit efforts, including presentation materials, proposed scopes of work, qualification documents and engineering cost estimation. 6) Performs engineering analysis of existing data center systems and designs to identify single points of failure, vulnerabilities and opportunities for engineering improvement modifications to enhance the availability of client facilities and systems. 7) Collects and analyzes data on existing data centers through custom or standard assessment processes and software tools to determine gaps between current data center capabilities and that required to meet the client's stated business need. 8) Performs basic Quality assurance and Quality Control functions on work performed by Junior Engineers and peers. Education and Experience Required - BS in engineering discipline related to data center design: Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Industrial, etc. 2-4 years of experience in a data center, ability or manufacturing environment. Registered Engineer in Training with local jurisdiction. Education BD or work experience 2 to 4 years.
1. Ability to take direction
2. Strong communication skills/dealing with ambiguity
3. Strong computer skills
4. Experience working on-site at a Data Center and Data Center IT hardware and electrical requirements.
5. Degree (BS/BD) is preferred but if a candidate as the right experience sans a degree these types of candidates will be looked at as well.
- High level of ambiguity and stress level can be higher.
- Ability to work autonomously and in group setting.
- Multitasking on multiple projects.
- Workers have the ability to work remote or on-site depending on a candidate's location
Timing for Interview (IV) and Contractor Starts:
- IV's will be phone screens/Skype with the Manager and the appropriate Data Center Manager.
- If a candidate is local to one of the Data Center location the IV can be in person (but not necessary)
- Review resumes 8/11 & 8/14
- Preferred IV timing w/o 8/14
Hardware Design & Planning Engineer is responsible for assessing all Hardware requirements and their related impact on the Data Center and performing placement assignments in a leveraged Enterprise Data Center. Daily tasks and responsibilities include coordinating with multiple teams to schedule racking/stacking of equipment, network connectivity, and OS provisioning.
Educational and Qualifications
• At least 2 years physical onsite Data Center experience supporting the Data Center equipment and/or infrastructure (Power, Space, Cooling, Equipment)
• Ability to evaluate all manufacturers’ specifications for equipment new/old in order to assign placement in the Data Center
• Knowledge of basic electrical requirements and conversions (i.e. Kilowatts, Amps, phases, etc.)
• Provide review for proposed solutions to validate requirements and identify potential faults/single points of failure
• Experience working in a Structured ITIL and or ISO environment utilizing Problem, Change, and Incident disciplines
• Quickly learn, adapt, and retain Data Center and Client specific information
• Great teamwork capabilities and focus
• Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously
• Scheduling flexibility to complete assigned migrations/projects
• Excellent communication and written skills
• Proficient in MS-Office Suite (AutoCad not a must)
• Any Technical or PMP Certifications a plus
Please reference job number 1537.
San Francisco, CAContact