DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram . About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Data Center Hardware Technician III (must have an active Top Secret Clearance)
to support a government customer. This position is in support of a federal government customer's infrastructure and data center services. As a whole, the team supports thousands of virtual, physical, and cloud based servers, services, and backup and storage devices; hardware and software platforms; physical and virtual server and desktop images; enterprise patching, storage, refresh, and other initiatives. Specifics of this position are outlined below:
Responsible for the installation of various types of Information Technology (IT) hardware devices and cabling in a data center environment. This position requires the intermediate knowledge of data center hardware and systems to include the ability to interpret the manufacturer's guides for installation into data center racks, the understanding of space, power, and cooling requirements, as well as mounting hardware specifications. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate Data Center infrastructure requirements (rack space, network, power, cabling, etc.) and coordinating necessary resources to prepare space for the installation of equipment.
- Coordinate necessary facilities resources such as electric and cooling for specialized equipment such as high-powered storage area networks and large servers requiring redundant power.
- Provision the cabling, floor cut outs, and rack rails and mounting hardware for the installation of IT devices and systems such as servers, switches, routers, power cables, fiber and copper cables, power distribution units, and keyboard, video, and mouse (KVM) components.
- Perform end-to-end installation of patch cables both fiber and copper as well as management cabling and cross connect cabling.
- Perform troubleshooting assistance such as rebooting, visual check of system indicator lights, and perform the replacement of suspected failed installation components (fiber, cables, connectors, iDRAC, power distribution units) in conjunction with the systems engineers to enable the system to return to an operational state.
- Follow labeling standards and collect, track, and update all configuration changes and inventory information in an Excel spreadsheet, SharePoint, or data center information systems.
- Adhere to all data center safety rules and policy as well as installation standards.
Shall perform other duties as required such as un-crating and unboxing large numbers of system and pallets of gear and subsequent removal of refuse to keep the data center clear of all walkway hazards
- Proficiency in ability to generate interpret wiring and cabling diagrams in Visio and CADD. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Project, Excel, Word, etc
- Monitors data center IT and environmental systems for failures and coordinates with vendors or repair technicians for repairs or replacements.
- Assist the Government client in developing, managing, sustaining, and using a tracking database and scanning gun for hardware inventory control, including IT and system equipment, warranty status, and maintenance agreement applications.
- Manage (i.e., stock, store, issue), control, document, sustain, and maintain expendable and non-expendable parts and tools and cable inventories of the Government client and vendor equipment.
- Perform IT and system hardware maintenance and IT or system equipment replacement services in response to requested maintenance.
- Keep Data Center infrastructure and IT equipment in operating condition consistent with OEM requirements, performing corrective, adaptive, and preventative maintenance tasks as needed and/or scheduled.
- Possess the ability to perform copper and fiber communications cable installations and terminations as well as utilize test equipment to certify the terminations are to manufacturer standards.
- Provide timely problem resolution.
Location and other information:
- Minimum of six years of data center hardware and cable installation experience.
- Active Top Secret Clearance required (Interim TS clearance may be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- An associate's degree or vocational degree in Information Technology Systems is preferred.
- Possess knowledge of National Standards as pertaining to Data Center IT infrastructure including Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI), Telecommunications Industry Association TIA-606 and TIA-942. (BICSI) Installer 2 for both Copper (INSTC) and Fiber (INSTF)
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+ certification required.
Min. Citizenship Status Required:
- There is no opportunity to telework or work in alternate facilities.
- No travel is anticipated.
- Hours: Monday - Friday between the hours of 6AM and 6PM, except on Federal holidays.
- Dress code: Business casual or better
US Citizen Physical Requirement(s):
Working at DMI
- The nature of the Hardware Engineer duties have some physical demands such as pulling, cabling, lifting, kneeling, crawling, etc.
- Required to lift IT equipment during installation and removal along with installing communications cabling under a raised floor
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds for short periods of
- Use cable termination equipment, test equipment, power tools (sawzall, drill, crimping tools, ) for the tasks as required for the position.
- Use tools to include wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools
- Operate manual forklifts and data center rack lifts as required for the tasks for the
- Wear safety gear (e.g. safety shoes, goggles, glasses, hearing protection) while performing
D MI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with
a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up
your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.