VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a Data Center Manager in Alexandria, VA.
* Security Clearance: ability to attain a public trust required
* Available: slated to start September 2019
* Location: Alexandria, VA
* Provides guidance and leadership for all aspects of data center operations, maintenance, resiliency, recovery and security (physical, administrative and technical).
* Oversees on-site personnel, including: on-boarding and termination processes, training and certification, and ensuring proper administrative controls are in place and adhered to.
* Monitors all data center resources required to sustain service operations at agreed to service levels.
* Provides impact assessments for financial, schedule, technical, resource, and risk levels for all change requests or regulatory requirements.
* Coordinates with security operations to protect, detect, respond and recover from attacks against data center assets.
* Oversees and directs the planning, scheduling, execution and tracking of the construction and installation of data center assets and supporting elements (e.g., systems, networks, telecom, power, HVAC, security controls).
* Establishes and maintains full life-cycle asset management (LCAM) practices for all technology assets and related services within the data center (equipment, software, licenses, service contracts and warranties).
* Maintains configuration item (CI) entries within the configuration management database (CMDB) for all data center assets under management.
* Supports the development of business continuity (BC) and disaster recovery (DR) strategies, plans and drills/exercises with follow-up lessons learned for failure remediation and continuous improvement.
* Coordinates with IT, BC/DR engineering and business teams to develop capacity strategies and planning ensuring sufficient data center capacity for footprint, interior networks, telecom, HVAC, and commercial power service, distribution and redundancy (e.g., UPS, on-site backup power generation).
* Maintains accurate accounting of system age for all physical configuration items (CIs) to determine expected reliability and end-of-life for systems and components.
* Ensures all technology assets (equipment, software, third-party services) introduced into the data center through the supply-chain are in compliance with USG customer authorizations, policies, regulations, standards and guidelines.
* Identifies threats (natural hazards and vulnerabilities to malicious acts) and develops protection strategies and mitigations as part of a comprehensive risk management practice.
* Prepares plans, budgets and documents related to data center expansion, additions or modifications, and ensures compliance with all USG policies, regulations, standards, guidelines and best practices.
* Supports planning for development and installation of data center capabilities according to USG current and future requirements.
* Supports strategies and planning for cloud integration and security with on-prem services and assets.
* Oversees data center resource allocations to support incident response and troubleshooting assistance in achieving timely resolution.
* Manages and performs research toward development of new/advanced data center capabilities and practices.
* Maintains expert knowledge on all technologies and applications supporting data center operations.
* Maintains expert knowledge on all business procedures associated with assets and workload capacity.
* Maintains optimal level of customer satisfaction across each supported application or service.
* Maintains effective professional relationships with IT managers.
* Evaluates emerging best practices for data center design, operation and maintenance.
* Manages operational budget and costs.
* Oversees the development of guides, handbooks and procedures used by data center personnel.
* Supports USG security reviews, FISMA audits, OIG investigations, FOIA requests, customer leadership requests, IV&V, and/or quality assurance (QA) compliance assessments.
* Supports processes and reviews for USG authority to operate and/or accreditation.
* Fully considers OMB, NIST, FISMA, FITARA policies, regulations, standards and guidelines.
* Provides written and oral advisory communications to USG stakeholders regarding daily data center operations.
* May assist USG customers in negotiating supplier contracts with vendors and service providers for technology, supplies, consumables and services.
* Years of Experience: 10+
* Education: Undergraduate in Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Management
* Required Certifications (1 or more of the following required): CPP, ITIL
* Desired Certifications: AOS-P or AOS-E
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.