A Datacenter Migration Architect is the lead migration architect for complex datacenter migration projects. You are leading a matrixed team comprising of associates as well as the Business Unit Application Development Teams and the Program Management Teams to help develop, communicate and execute on complex datacenter migration efforts. As the Migration Architect, you play a critical role in the datacenter migration program and will be involved with external client-facing activities, in addition to working with internal teams. You are responsible for ensuring projects are properly planned with sufficient technical risk assessment and mitigation strategies from the outset.
As part of the relationship with the business unit technology team, you will act as a liaison between any new technologies the business unit may be investigating and the platform teams that own that type of technology. You’ll work with those platform teams, the Technology Design leaders, and various committees in the enterprise to enable the adoption of new technologies to meet business needs.
As a migration architect, you will work with the Business to help document current state architecture of application and infrastructure, lead migration strategy discussion with a large cross functional group, assess and communicate risk associated with different strategy options and help create a plan that has a solid design and is executable with managed risks within a defined timeframe. You are expected to partner with Solutions Architects to make sure that the design meets the Technology standards.
As a Datacenter Architect, you are part of a technology leadership of the program. This means that you will be mentoring other engineers and analysts in the program to further the capabilities of those individuals and build a stronger team In addition to future looking designs, you’ll also be responsible for conducting deep analysis of current environments and providing recommendations to business leadership as well leadership.
We are a high energy, highly driven, and highly collaborative team. If this sounds like a good fit for your skill set, we’re looking for you!
Basic qualifications for consideration:
• High School Diploma and 10+ years of relevant work experience
• 6+ years of experience designing and building enterprise class distributed systems
• 6+ years of indirect or direct technical leadership.
• Expert level skill in the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Expert in collaboration with co-workers and subject matter experts that may be in remote locations.
• Highly organized and able to work multiple efforts simultaneously.
• Highly experienced in data replication technologies preferred
• Experienced in migrating at least small to medium sized complex datacenter preferred
• Excellent written communication skills, including the use and creation of slide presentations and drawings.
• High level of public speaking skills, presenting designs to groups of peers and business unit leadership and C-level leadership.
• Experience interacting with customers a to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and lead solution requirements.
• Experience with .NET/Java development, private and public cloud environments (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud), and Automation/Continuous Integration (Salt, Fabric, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, etc.)
• Experience in SDLC including associated deployment methodologies, QA processes, and performance tuning.
• Previous Infrastructure/System Engineering experience in heterogeneous environments.
• Expert level technical skill in at least one of these: Windows, Linux, Storage, Networking and/or Security.
• Recent experience leading the technical design of high transaction volume distributed systems or other complex projects.
• Ability to travel up to 20%.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Master's degree
• Architect level certifications for Windows, Linux, Storage, Networking, or Security.