Job #: 1030248
As a Data Center Technician, you are a primary resolver for your support team, and are skilled at troubleshooting one or more operating systems. You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. Issues are escalated to the appropriate resolver groups when necessary. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on your own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You are able to delivery results within scope and tight deadlines.
You will be responsible for:
- Spare part cycle count audits
- Logistics/Warehouse Support (Sending/Receiving)
- Handle storage media/Data Bearing Device (DBD) Reconcile/Physical Audits
- Basic Server (Discrete/Rack-based) repair following documented procedures
- Fiber Link Cleaning
- MS Asset updates/auditing
- Middle of Rack (MOR) buildout
- Data-bearing Device shredding
- Perform power cycles
- RMA processing & Coordination with Logistics Team
- Perform Troubleshooting and swap out failed components
- Installation of software and firmware updates.
- Receive logical and physical hardware into system
- Scope, test, QC, and troubleshoot power, cable connections
- Visually inspect all remaining DBDs removed, and verify all Egress Permits
-RMA/B/F Ticket Handling
- Update Asset Information
If you are interested in the role please email an updated copy of your resume to Trent Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.