Data Center Technician – San Jose, CA
Summary: Rack/stack/patch/ground network switches and servers with project coordination experience. Deploy servers and network equipment in a production data center environment. Prepare, deploy, test fiber and copper patch cables.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Build and deploy Server cabinet IAW DC standards.
- Generally, familiarity with Linux OS and commands
- Install / decommission switches and servers in the data center.
- Patching of equipment in the Data center. Familiarity with installing copper/fiber patching and testing connections is required.
- Experience grounding devices to grounded racks.
- Adds and updates DC infrastructure management software.
- Familiar with Remedy case management process
- Perform integration tests on newly deployed equipment.
- Install and support temp sensing monitors, power strips, server cabs, wireless access points, and IP Phones.
- Troubleshoot any device in the data center that requires physical connectivity.
- Disposes of project material packaging IAW local disposal procedures.
- Requests/assist support of network, facilitates, storage, system admin to complete projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and should be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Performs work on ladders and within a raised computer floor as necessary.
- Work hours are 8AM-5PM Monday thru Friday. Working some weekends and performing rotating on-call.
- A criminal background check required.
- Valid local driving license is required.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Technical Communication
- Customer Service
- Team Player
Education/Experience: Associates degree in a related field; 1 to 3 years of experience in network support or related areas. CCNA, MCP, Network + or other Network related certifications a plus. Linux Sys Admin and configuration experience a plus.
Valid Drivers's Licence is mandate