The Data Curation Analyst - Senior works within UPMC Health Plan's Business Transformation Office and supports data-driven processes to enable analytics for digital health innovation. The position will implement data infrastructure designed to enable and monitor digital engagement, and will work closely with Digital Product Managers to develop business intelligence that drives optimization of business and member experiences. The Analyst - Senior will play a key role in sharing knowledge that informs opportunities for operational integration with clinical workflows and proprietary software, involving tight coordination with many different business, clinical, and engineering teams.
Due to COVID-19 circumstances, this position will temporarily work remotely. This role is eligible for long-term partial work from home privileges, after successful completion of orientation and training (privilege eligibility is subject to continued achievement of business goals and on-site department needs).Responsibilities:
- Adopt and promote best practices, tools, and methods set by team/department leadership.
- Investigate data errors/variances and derive solutions with appropriate follow-up monitoring.
- Maintain up-to-date information on status and effort related to each project.
- Provide technical consultation and act as reference point to peers, other business areas, senior leadership and external customers.
- Identify and define key data source dependencies for analytics and business intelligence assets.
- Make recommendations for optimal data extraction, manipulation, and integration methodologies based upon research and analysis.
- Meet deadlines and turnaround times set by supervisor. (These deadlines will, at times, require the employee to work until the project is completed, meaning extended daily work hours, extended work weeks, or both.)
- Assist team leadership with distribution and monitoring of work assignments.
- Work closely with software development teams to ensure connectivity and integrity of data assets for deployment.
- Develop high-complexity integrated data sets to enable analysis, clinical operations, decision support, and refactoring of analytic assets.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal UPMC health Plan departments, and external contacts as appropriate.
- Perform validation and ensure quality standards for high-complexity data sets created by fellow team members.
- Maintain policies and procedures of the team/department.
- Coordinate ongoing communication with other departments in order to manage information integrity and maintain cross-department processes.
- Assist with orientation and process-specific training of new staff members.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances: UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, data management, healthcare management, business, or related field. Master's or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of three-to-five years of work experience in information technology, healthcare, business, or research is required. Five years is preferred.
- Experience in health insurance or healthcare industry is preferred, but those with relevant experience in other industries may be considered.
- Experience and high technical proficiency in SQL and/or SAS programming is required.
- Experience with other programming languages used in data science (such as Python or R) is valuable.
- Extensive experience in other programming languages may be considered.
- Extensive experience with extraction and manipulation of large, complex data sets is required.
- Extensive experience managing/preparing data sets for use in analysis, modeling, or business operations is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (particularly Excel) is required.
- Experience with data visualization tools (such as PowerBI, Tableau, or QlikView) is highly preferred.
- Experience with geo-mapping software (such as ArcGIS) is valuable.
- Other Work SkillsAdvanced problem-solving skills are required.
- The ability to effectively communicate issues and results, verbally and in writing, is required.
- The ability to use effective time management skills, including prioritization multiple tasks, is necessary for success.
- Attention to detail is critically important in this role.Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, ambiguofluid environment.
- A strong customer/stakeholder focus is expected at all times.
- Team player that displays professionalism at all times.Ability to work extra hours if required.
- Staff Management Skills.
- Experience in a supervisor role is preferred.