Data Engineer/Data Scientist DC, Washington 20032 Security Clearance:
U.S. Citizen, Current Security Clearance, TS/SCI, CI Polygraph Skills: Data Engineering, Data Aggregation, SQL, Oracle, JDBC, Hadoop, SAP, Database
We are working directly with a hiring manager to add a Senior Data Engineer to their team working in support of a government customer. The Senior Data Engineer will focus on data aggregation goals, transformations, and linking to enable the best analysis possible. This person will also assist in connecting data sources and optimizing use of data within a customized software solution. Senior Data Engineer will provide back-up support to the Team Lead. All work will be performed on-site at Bolling AFB, DC. Role and responsibilities include:
Education and experience requirements include:
- Assist Decision Analytics Lead in assessing customer's data source requirements
- Create and update SQL and Oracle SQL queries, functions, and procedures
- Help customer achieve data aggregation goals
- Create new JDBC data connectors
- Build business intelligence visualizations
- Create, update, and troubleshoot visual analytic templates
- Turn customer requirements into usable visual analytic templates and visualizations
- Write scripts and advanced SQL aggregation functions as necessary
- US Citizenship
- Current TS/SCI CI polygraph
- 10+ years of experience with database and data aggregation
- Strong knowledge of big data analysis and storage
- Big data experience (Hadoop)
- Experience with Structured Query Language
- Understanding of JDBC
- Understanding of multiple database vendors (Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, SAS, PeopleSoft)
- Familiarity with database vendors and offerings
- Availability to work on-site at Bolling AFB
Tallon Recruiting and Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We comply with Form I-9 identity and legal work authorization requirements and utilize E-Verify for Employment Eligibility Verification in accordance the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process can reach us by email at email@example.com or telephone 571-333-2151.
For more information please visit us at www.tallonrs.com .