Title: Network Security Engineer
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Vernon Hills, IL (60061) Locals only
The Security Engineer manages, maintains and designs the implementation, capacity planning, and optimization of CLIENTS’s network security infrastructure. This role applies expert knowledge and skills to deliver secure, fault tolerant, scalable, and flexible infrastructure for CLIENTS’s operations. Additionally, the Security Engineer also supports and troubleshoots network and application problems and coordinates implementations with CLIENTS staff and vendor personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or demonstrated equivalent experience required.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or similar certification.
- 6 years of Microsoft Windows NT and W2K network experience.
- 5 years of experience and advanced knowledge of Data Communications, Internet Technologies, Fire Walls, Security (VPN), Routers, WAN and LAN.
Skills and Competencies
- Advanced experience and knowledge in all principles of Network Technology, including but not limited to Intrusion Detection, Network Access Control, Network Strategies, Design, VPN solutions and Cisco Platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Network, Security and Voice products.
- Extensive understanding of Client /Server and Web Application components.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining day-to-day operations of enterprise IT security and network hardware
- Liaison with the users and all IT staff from all properties to resolve network issues and ensure continuous communications with all internal and external parties involved.
- Maintains network security and data protection through monitoring of devices, software authenticity and firewall protection.
- Maintains communications system requirements including WAN and Broadband connections to all sites. Works with outside vendors in support of communications.
- Participate in long and short range planning for CLIENTS Network Services.
- Enforce existing IT security policies and makes recommendations for changes as needed.
- Keeps current with network technology advancements and the IT environment and makes recommendations to the organization.
- Project implementation and management of new data security solutions.