This role is fully remote.
nThrive® provides leading healthcare revenue cycle management SaaS solutions, offering patient access, charge integrity, claims management, contract management, machine learning & robotic process automation, data & analytics, and education software solutions to more than 900 hospitals and health systems in North America, including 37 of the 40 largest healthcare providers in the U.S. nThrive's end-to-end software platform helps healthcare organizations increase revenue, reduce costs, expand cash collections, and ensure regulatory compliance across the entire revenue cycle continuum. For more information on nThrive, please visit www.nthrive.com.
The Data Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and supporting highly scalable data warehousing solutions and expected to work with the latest Microsoft BI tools to create solutions that meet internal and external stakeholder’s business needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in analysis, design, development, deployment, and support of Data Warehouse solutions
- Work closely with Lead and Architect in implementing best practices and managing production and development/test environments
- Work with stakeholders to understand business needs and develop highly scalable solutions and make recommendations to help solve problems or improve processes
- Understanding and working with multiple data sources to meet business rules and supports analytical needs
- Create Databrick notebooks, stored procedures, SSIS packages, and using other methods to import/translate/manipulate data
- Analyze potential data quality issues to determine the root cause and creating effective solutions.
- Optimize processes involving large data sets to improve performance
- Participates in ongoing evolution, improvement, and automation of data warehouse solutions
- Mentor developers and analysts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working directly with data warehouses and Business Intelligence
- 5+ years experience designing, developing, testing, and supporting of ETL, and OLAP cubes
- 4+ years experience on Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS)
- Advanced SQL Server programming and knowledge of data warehousing best practices
- Working experience of OLAP technologies, and dimensional modeling.
- Working experience in Microsoft Azure Data Warehouse technologies such as Azure Data Factory, Polybase, U-SQL, SQL Data warehouse, Azure Analysis Services
- Working experience in Databricks
- Working experience in at least one of the BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire, Microstrategy
- The ability to extrapolate database schema to meet the business needs of the application
- .Net or Java programming skills are plus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel required: None
- 1+ years experience on Microsoft Azure data warehouse stack and/or Databricks