Do you want to be part of an enterprise data solutions delivery team managing over 150+ terabytes of data and building the next-generation analytics platform for a leading financial firm with over $3.2 trillion in assets under management? At Schwab, the Data & Rep Technology (DaRT) organization owns the strategy, implementation, delivery, and support of the enterprise data warehouse and emerging data platforms.
We are looking for an IT engineer who has a passion for data and a data engineering background. You must have experience in designing and coding batch and real-time ETL (and ELT) and want to be part of a Dev Engineering team that is actively designing and implementing the Enterprise Data Warehouse solution frameworks. You want to be challenged every day and have a passion for keeping up-to-date on new technologies in the Data Engineering space so that you can set new standards for Schwab's hundreds of ETL developers and collaborate with the team members along the way. What you are good at
What you have
- You will be a Data Engineer in a Dev Engineering team that includes onshore and offshore developers using best-in-class Google Cloud Big Query, Big Data, and relational data warehouse technologies including Informatica IICS, Talend, Teradata, etc.
- You will be prototyping data solutions to enable faster access to data for the analytics use case developers
- You will be developing re-usable data solution patterns to enable quick-to-market data assets
- You will be analyzing & profiling business data on relational and Big Data environments
- You'll have the opportunity to grow in responsibility, work on exciting and challenging projects, train on emerging technologies, and help set the future of the Data Solutions Delivery teams
Why work for us?
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on development experience using parallel processing databases like Teradata
- Must have recent experience in Big Query, Data Proc on Google Cloud Platform, and Informatica IICS
- Hands-on development experience using Informatica IICS or any enterprise-class ETL tool
- Hands-on experience in data streaming technologies like Kafka
- Experience with all aspects of data systems including database design, ETL, aggregation strategy, and performance optimization
- Understanding best practices for building and designing ETL code and strong SQL experience with the ability to develop, tune, and debug complex SQL applications is required
- Expertise in schema design, developing data models, and proven ability to work with complex data is required
- Hands-on experience with programming language Java/Python/Spark
- Hands-on experience with Linux and shell scripting
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools like Bamboo, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.