Our client based in Seattle is the pioneer in patient relationship management software and services for cancer care.
As the Healthcare Data Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting & implementing complex big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms. You will be a key contributor in influencing infrastructure and big data platform decisions. Collaborating closely with peers in the Product, Engineering & Data Sciences team, you will also be at the forefront of developing prototypes and proof of concepts for various lines of businesses.
- Extremely strong skills in at-least one programming and scripting language (Java, Python, Scala, Julia, Stata, Ruby, R).
- Has built large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines using technology such as Airflow, Spark, AWS Big Data stack, Cloudera, HortonWorks,H20.
- Developing with high volume heterogeneous data, Hadoop based technologies like MapReduce, Hive, Cassandra, Hbase and Impala.
- Experience with AWS Services (Redshift, Redshift Spectrum, S3, Glacier, DynamoDB), Parquet/Avro/ORC.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Shows a preference for standard, well supported tools over in house, custom solutions.
- Experience with one or more data analytics and visualization packages.
- Expert knowledge of scaling and tuning SQL and NoSQL systems.
- Familiarity with DevOps tools (e.g. Docker, Ansible, Hashicorp, Jenkins, etc.)
- Deep understanding of how algorithms work and have experience building high-performance algorithms
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, MIS, Statistics, related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Work in cross functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- 5+ years of experience in building and sustaining similar solutions, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Experience building and querying from a variety of electronic health records systems.
- Prior experience in regulated industries with high Data Quality and Governance standards.
- Basic knowledge of the medical terminologies, messaging standards, healthcare coding systems.
Status: Long term contract
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Id : MS1732
Since 2000, Akvelon has specialized in placing top software engineering talent at Fortune 500 Companies and start-ups alike. We were ranked in Comparably’s 2018 list of Top 15 Best Companies in Seattle, and were voted one of the Puget Sound Business Journal’s fastest growing companies for several years.
Akvelon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.