If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Design and maintain data pipelines and services using best practice for ETL/ELT, data management and data governance
- Analyze raw data sources and data transformation requirements
- Perform data modeling against large datasets for peak requirements
- Identify, design and implement process improvement solutions that automate manual processes and leverage standard frameworks and methodologies
- Understand and incorporate data quality principals that ensure optimal performance, impact and user experience
- Create and document functional and technical specifications
- Perform ongoing research to explore new features, versions and related technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance our offerings
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; OR equivalent 3+ years of experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience programming in SQL
- 2+ years of experience building and maintaining automated data pipelines and data assets using batch and/or streaming processes
- 1+ years of hands-on experience programming in Python
- 1+ years of data modeling experience
- 1+ years of experience working in a cloud-based database environment (Google Cloud Platform/BigQuery, AWS, Azure)
- 1+ years of experience with a data integration tool (Talend, Matillion, Pentaho, Datafusion, Dataflow).
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
Careers at UnitedHealth Group.
- GCP Professional Data Engineer Certificate
- Experience working with healthcare data (Claims, EMR, Devices)
- Experience with data pipeline frameworks (Airflow, Luigi, Oozie)
- Experience with version control software (git, CVS, SVN)
- Familiar with SDLC methodologies
- Familiar with architectural principals of Data Warehousing
- Ability to work with a virtual team
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Engineer, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota