Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm) Primary Responsibilities
- Develops and implements scripts for maintenance and monitoring
- Demonstrates understanding of data structures
- Knows modern tools and techniques
- Stays current with evolving technologies
- Schedules jobs to provide required operational support
- Works within a domain to design and build data models
- Streamlines data within a domain
- Understands their responsible component of the technology stack
- Seeks to understand how customer will interact with system and how best to design solution from their perspective
- Demonstrates awareness of importance of security, scalability, reliability and feasibility in solution design
- Seeks out information to learn about systems that support or rely upon solution to better understand integrations and impacts
- Evaluates service areas to identify opportunities for automation
- Stays current with evolving technologies
- Understands data within a book of business for a line of business and is able to identify actionable insights
- Focuses on one or two specific technologies
- Possesses basic business knowledge
- Contributes to the identification/prioritization of solution through analysis and discussions
- Understands regulatory environment, sales and digital experience, and channel;
- Designs solutions within a single channel
- Gathers facts and data to inform decision making
- Uses existing data sources
- Uses and responds to information provided
- Identifies cause and effect relationships between known variables
- Adheres to quality control guidelines & practices
- Considers internal and external customers when evaluating decisions
- Tracks, identifies and promptly reports issues that may affect solution quality and bring forward improvement recommendations
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications
Careers with Optum.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 to 4 years in a data role with focus on domain modeling , data mapping and building of entity relationship diagrams
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight on work product and approach
- Demonstrated ability to work with business teams to draw out data requirements and needs.
- Self motivated and able to work in a loosely defined role within a project or set of projects
- Understands how to organize and execute against a proof of concept
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy. Colorado Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000.. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Data Engineer, Remote, WFH, WAH, Telecommute, Data, Engineer, Hiring Immediately, #RPO