In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.Responsibilities
The Analytics Software Department is seeking a Data Engineer to help design and develop Data Engineering Platforms for our civil and national security space customers. Do you want to develop data analytics pipelines and do innovative work on the data processing frameworks and architectures with the ability to intelligently scale? Join us on the Analytics Software Department team in The Aerospace Corporation!Key Functions
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications. Assignments typically have specified objectives.
- Supports multiple space systems customers.
- Develops cloud native applications and microservices for scalable and distributed software systems.
- Quickly learns new technical skills to tackle technology's greatest challenges.
- Provides recommendations on data engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from a recognized institution with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Two or more years of industry-related experience
- Design of highly scalable web services and distributed systems with cloud native microservices
- Build and optimize data sets, 'big data' data pipelines and architectures
- Present project updates to management in order to ensure that project development remains aligned with subdivision's goals and vision
- Lead projects and build data engineering platforms for customers' data challenges
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
- Master's degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related fields
- Experience in leading software development teams
- Experience with data visualization frameworks or development
- Experience with cloud deployment and management tools
- Active Secret security clearance
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone ator by email at
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
poster and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement