Job#: 1282721 Job Description:
Apex Systems, the 2nd largest IT Staffing firm has an opportunity for a remote Data Engineer for a Financial Industry client. Candidates must be able to work on W2. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send a copy of your updated resume to Thanks! Overview:
The Data Engineer will architect, design and implement data analytics solutions to further advance the organization's strategic goals. In collaboration with Business and IT partners, he/she will support efforts in re-engineering, optimizing and advancing the organization's data platform with modern analytics technologies that will address near term and future business needs, and enable data-driven insights and decision making.Essential Functions:
- Collaborate with delivery team and engage with organizational stakeholders (Business and IT) to design, develop and deliver end-to-end enterprise data analytics solutions to enable data-driven insights and decision making.
- Understand overall data landscape to design and implement architectures and solutions that support IT and business strategic priorities and success measures.
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions by applying technical knowledge and strong business acumen.
- Solve business problems and complex data requirements/challenges by incorporating standards and best practices into engineering solutions, and leveraging modern data science programming languages (e.g., SQL, Python, R, Scala, SAS) and Azure data and analytics services.
- Conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping of existing data sources to drive technical design and construct technical data flows.
- Develop and implement database designs (logical and physical) and data models (normalized and dimensional) to support the new analytics platform.
- Design, implement and maintain data ingestion/integration and end-to-end data pipeline processes using Azure technologies for a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional data sources/formats (structured, unstructured, and semi-structured) through various protocols (e.g., REST, SOAP, SFTP, MQ, etc.)
- Develop and maintain architecture artifacts and technical specifications for the new data analytics platform.
- Participate in agile delivery team and support continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) and DevOps practices.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at