As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.Data Engineer
Chemours is seeking a Data Engineer to join our growing Enterprise Data Services team! This position will report directly to the Director of Enterprise Data Services in our Wilmington, DE location.
This Data Engineer role will work to expand and enhance the data pipelines running into our Enterprise Data Services (EDS) platform - a cloud-based, common access point for Chemours data enabling Digital transformation across the company, including our global network of manufacturing sites.The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Evaluating new technologies that may bring additional automation and capability to the Enterprise Data Services (EDS) platform
- Defining target objectives and mapping desired outcomes to data needs for UX workflows and AI/ML prediction capabilities
- Developing data movement pipelines using the full range of service platform capabilities of Microsoft Azure
- Deploying, monitoring and maintaining data movement pipelines in Python and SQL
- Providing valuable input to data model design and architecture discussions
- Working collaboratively across one or more agile project teams
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, statistics, engineering or related field
- 3-7 years of experience with SQL, Python, and Python package and Linux environment administration
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely and share knowledge and make key decisions
- Ability to create clear and concise presentation material that drives home key points to an audience
- Master's degree or PhD in computer science, math, statistics, engineering or related field
- Experience using Microsoft Azure service platforms for automated machine learning at scale
- Experience in spatiotemporal alignment of high-fidelity, time-series, process manufacturing data
WE'RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Company-paid volunteer days
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. We've completed our transformation and now we're earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.OUR APPROACH
The "ours" in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We're working together to improve people's lives the world over.OUR CULTURE
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.
We're honored to be named a "Great Place to Work-Certified Company" for 2018-2019 and a "2018 Top Workplace" by Delaware News Journal.WHAT SETS US APART
Chemours has the heart and energy of a startup, while being built upon a 200-year old legacy and a world-class product portfolio. A startup with a head start. This mentality drives both our strategy and employees. We believe a thriving workforce culture is essential to our success. We're earning our way to growth by unleashing the power of our talented, experienced, and passionate employees.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say "We Are Living Chemistry".