Would you like to be part of a new team chartered to build the next generation data & analytics platform supporting Schwab Technology Services? The Customer Enablement Team in Data and Rep Technology (DaRT) is looking for a Data Engineer that will help develop and enable the strategic use of data assets.
Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies in order to deliver exceptional software solutions. You need to have proven critical thinking skills and a laser focus on pragmatic problem solving. We require strong ethics, critical thinking skills, and the ability to partner with and influence business people and technologists across the organization. You should have strong backgrounds in both data architecture and data engineering, along with a passion for learning new data integration techniques. What you are good at
What you have
- Collaborating directly with business and technology stakeholders to define future-state business capabilities & requirements, and translating those into transitional and target state data architectures
- Analyzing the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining data warehouses and near real-time data pipelines via the practical application of existing and new data engineering techniques
- Developing continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines for data solutions that include automated unit & integration testing
- Mentoring, motivating, and supporting the team to achieve organizational objectives and goals
- Advocating for agile practices to increase delivery throughput
- Ensuring consistency with published development, coding and testing standards
Why work for us?
- 3+ years of experience designing, building, and supporting near real-time data pipelines and analytical solutions using Hadoop, Teradata, MS SQL Server, Talend, Informatica, and/or SSIS
- 2+ years of experience working on agile teams delivering data solutions
- 2+ years of experience building data pipelines and interfaces with object oriented languages (.Net, Java, Python)
- 1+ years of experience modeling star schema data warehouses using the Kimball dimensional modeling techniques
- 1+ years of experience delivering solutions on public cloud platforms (Google Cloud preferred)
- Basic understanding of at least one IT Management frameworks such as ITIL or COBiT
- Experience writing automated unit, integration, and acceptance tests for data interfaces & data pipelines
- Ability to quickly learn & become proficient with new technologies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, communication, and negotiation
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.