Data Reporting & Interface Engineer
About Chinese Hospital
Based in San Francisco, Chinese Hospital is a 120-year-old non-profit community hospital offering a wide range of medical, surgical, and specialty care to a multicultural community. Chinese Hospital aims to deliver quality health care in a cost-effective way, respond to our community's ethnic and cultural uniqueness, and offer access to health care to all socioeconomic levels. Together with our partners, we strive to serve the needs of our patients and ensure the health and vitality of our community from generation to generation. The newly constructed 3 year old Chinese Hospital is one of the most technologically advanced hospitals in the country.
Chinese Hospital is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our staff, physicians and clinicians.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Eager to work at a fast-paced company on a 3 to 5 person, self-governed, cross-functional IT team
- Passionate about the patient experience, clinical safety, healthcare analytics, improving patient outcomes and getting stuff done
- Not afraid to experiment and fail. Failure is an opportunity to learn
- Naturally curious, and believe in lifelong personal growth
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and change the world
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight clinicians and physicians; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, ingenuity, utility, and clinical due diligence.
What You Will Do
- Build data extraction pipelines for clinical and business intelligence data warehouse and batch processing jobs
- Be the liaison between IT and the clinical and administrative teams by providing guidance, expertise and development time to build reports, interfaces and data transition solutions to support the Cerner EMR, financial systems and other various subsystems throughout our hospital, clinics and health plan.
- Find creative and pragmatic solutions to power our analytical needs in providing better patient care, increased insight in our reporting methodology and system interfaces.
- Work hand in hand with our security, clinical, compliance, quality and HIM teams to build guard rails to protect all data for regulatory, privacy and HIPAA requirements
- Act like an Owner. When you see gaps, fill them. We trust you to make decisions.
- Don't fail at failing. Be fearless. Own it. Learn from it.
Experience We're Looking For
- 3-5+ years experience creating and maintaining data reporting solutions and analytical platforms
- Proficiency in SQL from a DBA perspective.
- Knowledge of HL7 and OPENLink
- History of finding creative solutions for finding and implementing new solutions to problems
- Clinical Experience with Cerner Millennium
- Familiarity in a clinical setting & healthcare regulatory environments
- Experience with Cerner DA2 reporting engine or CCLs.
- SQL redundancy engineering in a Windows Platform Environment
- Siemens/Cerner SMS/MS4 on IBM AS400
- Implemented cost effective testing solutions for clinical and/or business platforms
Here's What's In It For You:
- Shape how we apply data to help patients in both a clinical and ambulatory setting.
- Help make healthcare more affordable while increasing patient safety through analytics, reporting.
- Everything we do with data starts with how we can help a patient become healthier, lesson pain, increase quality of life and provide for better outcomes.
- Work with a highly talented and diverse team of professionals. Increasing quality, affordability and patient outcomes requires a wide array of disciplines to work together to see and model data in unique and expansive ways.