As a Data Science Engineer, you will be part of a team to build data pipelines and data processes to help calculate metrics, enforce data quality and scale increasingly sophisticated models of users and content. As a Data Science Engineer, you will build datasets and make them accessible to our partner teams by writing great production code to simplify the complexity. Your work will enable Product Managers and other decision-makers across the company to bring together insights and inform our product and strategy.
- Design, develop, and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data and to provide intuitive analytics to our partner teams.
- Make data more discoverable and easier to use for Data Scientists and Analysts across the company.
- Collaborate with other engineers and Data Scientists to discover the best solutions
- Support your colleagues by reviewing code and designs.
- Diagnose and solve issues in our existing data pipelines and envision and build their successors.
- Strong experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java/Scala, Golang or Python
- 2 years of work or educational experience in big data.
- Experience with distributed computing, including Spark, Kafka, Pub/sub, Hive/pig, Mapreduce, …, etc.
- 2 years’ experience with various databases, including, Cassandra, Redis, …, etc.
- Demonstrate clear and concise communication and data-driven decision-making capability
- Expertise with one or more of the following:
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Broad knowledge of the data infrastructure ecosystem
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented programming
- S. and/or M.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience with high-scale, high performance and high availability server development