DA Davidson is looking for an energetic, creative Data Engineer to join our expanding team of analytics professionals. This role will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as monitoring, troubleshooting and performance tuning data flows used in the collection, integration and provisioning of data. Candidates should have experience building data pipelines and enjoy optimizing entire data systems as well as building them from the ground up.
The Data Engineer will support our software development teams, database architects, data analysts and end users on data initiatives and will ensure our data delivery architecture is consistent with best practices. Candidates must be comfortable working in an Agile team in support of multiple teams, across various systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company s data architecture to support our growing portfolio of data initiatives.
- Advanced working TSQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring, stored procedure development, end-to-end data pipeline development
- Experience performing operational analysis on internal and external data and processes to uncover failure points and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with complex, multi-layered data pipelines and dependent datasets
- Holistic awareness of processes supporting data preparation, metadata, dependencies, lineages, compliance and workload management
- An Agile mindset focused on team-based project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
We are looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable work experience. They should also have experience using the following concepts/tools:
- Experience with relational and dimensional database modeling
- Experience with relational database platforms: MS SQLServer, MySQL
- Experience with data pipeline tools such as: SSIS, Talend, Kafka
- Experience using orchestration tools such as: ActiveBatch, ControlM, Airflow
- Experience with web services and API integrations
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as: Python, Java, C++
- Experience with Agile, DevOps and DataOps methods and technologies: Source Code Control, Versioning, Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Automated Deployment, Recoverability, Telemetry, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud data services such as: Azure, AWS, Snowflake
- Familiarity with data visualization technologies such as: Tableau, PowerBI
- Design, implement and maintain a robust, efficient and compliant data pipeline architecture
- Assemble data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal acquisition, transformation, and provisioning of data from a variety of data sources
- Build and maintain a service-based architecture for the publication of consumable data and information objects
- Work with data architects and data analysts to build analytics products that utilize the data pipelines to provide business-relevant information
- Work with Business and IT stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data and information requirements
- Keep data structures and integration processes accurate, compliant and secure
- Work with data and analytics experts to maximize the functionality of our information systems