Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialcareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with other across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
As a member of our data engineering team, you will help build and manage a next-generation cloud-based data platform. You will also be working collaboratively with our data scientists, analytics teams, and business product owners in a technology-driven organization and fast-paced environment:
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of data within the enterprise ecosystem.
- Design robust, scalable solutions and data pipelines to automate the ingestion, processing and delivery of all types of data: structured and unstructured, batch, and real-time streaming data
- Evaluate, select, and implement new tools, frameworks and applications required to expand our platform capabilities
- Understand and implement best practices in management of enterprise data, including master data, reference data, metadata, and data quality metrics
What are we requiring for this role?
- Proficiency writing complex SQL, with experience in multiple database platforms, and with SQL-based databases and data warehouses
- Familiar with Python and experience with bash shell scripting
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and implementation, including hands on experience developing ETL (Informatica or SSIS, etc.)
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and written skills, with the ability to work in a team environment.
What do we prefer for this role?
- Familiarity with cloud-based data engineering (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience applying DevOps practices to data engineering, including: automated testing, and deployment of database changes using a continuous integration pipeline.
- Relevant technology or platform certification (AWS Certified, Microsoft Certified)
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices and working on a Scrum team
- Hands-on experience with source control and versioning strategies using Git