Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with Project Delivery Practice.
Analytics & Cognitive
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence, embracing decision making with clear, data-driven choices that deliver enterprise value in a dynamic business environment.
The Analytics & Cognitive team leverages the power of data, analytics, robotics, science and cognitive technologies to uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data, generate insights, and inform decision-making. Together with the Strategy practice, our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients transform their business by architecting organizational intelligence programs and differentiated strategies to win in their chosen markets.
Analytics & Cognitive will work with our clients to:
• Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms
• Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions
• Drive operational efficiency by maintaining their data ecosystems, sourcing analytics expertise and providing As-a-Service offerings for continuous insights and improvements
Work you'll do
• Support the implementation of data integration requirements and develop the pipeline of data from raw to curation layers including the cleansing, transformation, derivation and aggregation of data.
• Communicate effectively (written and spoken) and work with the multi-location development teams and self-manage own work
• Support in the development of technical solutions to business problems
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Data Engineer or Big Data developer
• 5+ years of experience in Core JAVA and SQL
• 3+ years of experience in building scalable and high-performance data pipelines using Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Pig or Hive
• 3+ years or experience in Python / Unix Shell Scripting
• Experience with bigdata cross platform compatible file formats like Apache Avro & Apache Parquet
• Hands on big data/ Hadoop performance tuning and optimization experience
• Strong SQL knowledge with ability to work with the latest database technologies.
• Strong data & logical analysis skills
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Optional / Nice to Have (but not required)
• Experience in Map Reduce is a plus
• Must be willing to live and work in the Greater Austin, TX area (preferred) or San Jose, California. Relocation assistance provided to qualifying candidates