Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Data Engineer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role ensures high quality data is available for use by other team members. This role designs, implements, and maintains standard data interfaces for data ingest including Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) methodology and implementation, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), RESTful Web Services, data quality, and data cleansing. This role collaborates across a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Data Administrators to produce work products.Primary Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and maintain standard data interfaces for data ingest including Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) methodology and implementation, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), RESTful Web Services, data quality, and data cleansing.
- Develop methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured data, diverse sources including big data sources.
- Develop and use advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, models complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate data sets.
- Collaborate across a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Data Administrators to produce work products.
- Analyze requirements and evaluate technologies for data science capabilities including Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Work with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems are addressed.
- Identify meaningful insights related to data interfaces, data ingest and data quality; interpret and communicate findings and recommendations.
- Develop data-related information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance.
- Maintain awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operate with appreciable latitude in developing work methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of data technologies, data interfaces, data ingest, and data security across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Expert technical knowledge of data science technologies including Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), predictive modeling, statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, emerging analytics, and big-data technologies.
- Ability to use advanced software programs, algorithms, and query techniques as well as model complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate data set
- Ability to analyze data interface, data ingest, and data security requirements and evaluate technologies for data science capabilities.
- Ability to interpret and communicate work-related findings and recommendations.
- Ability to support development and reporting of performance metrics.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with Bachelor's degree with 4-8 years of experience; or a Master's with 2-6 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
====ship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required.
ITMODExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.