Kforce has a client that is seeking a Data Engineer in McLean, VA.
* Partner with product owners, end-users and technology peers with a product management mindset. Answer the question: do the business and technical requirements provided solve the correct business and technology problems
* Be the intersection with our multiple lines of business, finance and technology; understand various perspectives is critical when delivering a solution
* Manage concurrent responsibilities in a scaled agile environment by exemplifying wisdom which pools from your collective experience, expertise and instincts
* Develop using open-source languages including Python, Scala, Java on various frameworks especially Apache Spark
* Discern between various AWS infrastructure models that best fits various use cases (i.e., event driven, job scheduled, server/serverless, microservices, streaming, etc.) and finding the balance of building new versus leveraging existing solutions
* Build DevOps pipelines that leverage the following techniques: Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Infrastructure as code, full-stack and process monitoring, Test-Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Nexus, GitHub, Docker, Datadog, etc.
* Bachelor's degree
* At least 2 years of experience developing, deploying, testing in AWS public cloud
* At least 2 years of experience delivering big data solutions on a spark framework or microservices using open-source languages
* At least 2 years of experience leveraging devops methodologies and implementing technology solutions
* At least 2 years of experience in scripting languages
* At least 2 years of experience leveraging database querying languages
* AWS Solution Architect Certification
* 5 or more years experience working on data projects with an engineering and data management focus
* 3+ years of experience with cloud computing, preferably AWS and its services including S3, EMR/EC2, Lambda, Apache Kafka
* 3+ years of experience delivering big data solutions using open-source languages such as Python and Scala on Apache Spark framework
* 3+ years experience in at least one scripting language
* 5+ years experience developing full stack software solutions
* 3+ years of experience in AWS Cloud computing
* 1+ years of experience in an Agile delivery environment
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.