NewWave is an information technology company helping businesses and government agencies modernize and thrive by applying the power of technology. NewWave began making a mark in the federal healthcare space in 2004, where we continue to actively modernize systems to improve healthcare s value for millions of Americans. Since then, our work has expanded across various sectors and industries, where we help our customers stay ahead of the new and make the world in which we live, better.
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Design, develop and deploy infrastructure to support the overall data environment, including data pipeline & warehousing solutions.
- Serve as technical resource responsible for Oracle SQL development, writing complex queries using advanced PLSQL concepts and, review table structures, apply indexes were needed, performance tune SQL's .
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment. Serve as technical resource responsible for Oracle SQL development, writing complex queries using advanced PLSQL concepts and, review table structures, apply indexes were needed, performance tune SQL's. Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases. Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement. A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- 8+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with Oracle, PL/SQL, SAS, Informatica, Unix Shell Scripting
- Experience with related technologies including SQL Developer and TOAD.
- Experience with MicroStrategy Reporting or Business Intelligence environment.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of 5 years.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Deeply critical thinker, who is constantly asking questions while poking and prodding at prescribed solutions to find a better way of doing business.
- Tenacious problem solver, who isn t content to go with the best practice solution based on a shallow understanding of the problem.
- Dives deep to find out the true why before recommending a solution.
- You are a natural facilitator, easily bringing others along with you, whether they are above, below, or beside you in the organization.
- Open-minded explorer, capable of admiring and incorporating multiple points of view to create the best solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.