Data Engineer (Spark / Python / PySpark)
Location: Cincinnati OH
Duration: 12 Mos+ Contract
Hire Method: Video Interview
Visa Status: Open
Rate: C2C BOE
Top Required Skills:
- General Hadoop platform experience
- Practices like Agile
- Concepts like Microservices and cloud native development is a plus
- 5+ years of Development with 3+ years in the Big Data Ecosystem.
- Hadoop ecosystem - Spark, PySpark, Python, JAVA, Hive, Oozie, Kafka
- 4 to 5 years of experience with data analytics and high volume data processing
- Focus on Spark and complementary tech like PySpark, Sparklyr
- Excellent scripting skills in one or more (Java Script, Shell, Python etc.)
- Proven demonstrated expertise with data exploration tools such as SQL and MapReduce.
- Strong experience with SQL and Relational databases
- Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with NOSQL technologies such as HBase, MongoDB, and Cassandra is preferred
- Hands on experience on Core Java in Linux environment.
- Design and develop data ingestion, aggregation, integration and advanced analytics in Hadoop
- Develop architecture and design patterns to process and store high volume data sets
- Build continuous integration and test driven development environment
- Research and deploy new tools, frameworks and patterns to build a sustainable big data platform
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks on a Hadoop eco system
Master s Degree in Computer Science is preferred. Must have strong communication and presentation skills.