Our in-store Marketing client is looking for a Data Engineer to join their team! The Data Engineer will work remotely, 40 hours/week, in a contract to hire capacity. They'll work cross-functionally to implement analysis & validation strategies and turn data into actionable insights for the business.
- Develop, validate & implement various Data Warehousing & Data Analysis solutions
- Perform Data Analysis, Data Profiling & Data Integrity checks using SQL & other tools
- Monitor, troubleshoot & debug existing Data Warehouse solutions and applications
- Partner with business users to establish requirements & synthesize into one or more reusable DW/ETL products
- Performs tasks and duties related to ad hoc analysis, design and processing
- 4+ years as a Data Engineer in Warehousing, Integration & Validation
- 3+ years with Data Warehousing tools (MySQL or similar, Pentaho ETL, Java ETL or similar ETL tools)
- Exerience creating & optimizing ETLs
- Understanding of Snowflake, Google Cloud Platform or AWS data pipelines a major plus
- Understanding of Big Data Ecosystems is a plus
- Experience in working with Java a plus
- Excellent knowledge of large data manipulation & data mining using complex SQL
- Able to critically think through defects, issues risks & action items and determine appropriate course of action
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $46 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Design, develop and validate various Data Warehousing & Data Analysis solutions.
- Work with business users to establish requirements to achieve business objectives through Data.
- Decompose the business requirements into one or more reusable DW/ETL products.
- Translate business requirements into Data/ETL Solutions
- Performs tasks and duties related to ad hoc analysis, design and processing.
- Ensure effective communication of user requirements.
- Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting existing Data Warehouse solutions and applications.
- Excellent working knowledge of large data manipulation and data mining using complex SQL.
- Implement data validation/verification strategies, plans and use cases for various Data Warehousing & Data Analysis solutions.
- Experience in writing complex SQL statements to validate data and ETL code based on the data mapping & requirements and perform extensive data analysis to identify the defects.
- Perform detailed Data Analysis, Data Profiling and Data Integrity check using SQL, Shell scripts or any other tools.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Data Center
- Data Warehouse (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Data Analysis
- ETL (3 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.