We have following urgent role with our DIRECT client
Title: Sr. Data Engineer (Sql, Hive, TeraData) Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 6+ Months
- Very Strong engineering skills. Should have an analytical approach and have good programming skills.
- Provide business insights, while leveraging internal tools and systems, databases and industry data
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience. Experience in retail business will be a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for varied audiences on engineering subject matter
- Ability to document requirements, data lineage, subject matter in both business and technical terminology.
- Guide and learn from other team members.
- Demonstrated ability to transform business requirements to code, specific analytical reports and tools
- This role will involve coding, analytical modeling, root cause analysis, investigation, debugging, testing and collaboration with the business partners, product managers other engineering team.
- Strong analytical background
- Must be able to reach out to others and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong background in transforming big data into business insights
- Knowledge/experience on Teradata Physical Design and Implementation, Teradata SQL Performance Optimization
- Experience with Teradata Tools and Utilities (FastLoad, MultiLoad, BTEQ, FastExport)
- Advanced SQL (preferably Teradata)
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Apache Spark, etc.).
- Strong Hadoop scripting skills to process petabytes of data
- Experience in Unix/Linux shell scripting or similar programming/scripting knowledge
- Experience in ETL/ processes
- Real time data ingestion (Kafka)
Nice to Have
- Development experience with Java, Scala, Flume, Python
- Automic scheduler
- R/R studio, SAS experience a plus
- Tableau or similar reporting/dash boarding tool
- Modeling and Data Science background
- Retail industry background
BS degree in specific technical fields like computer science, math, statistics preferred