This is Amit with Spectraforce Technologies. Spectraforce Technologies is a certified MBE specializing in global contract staffing and payrolling. Spectraforce is an equal opportunity employer, which is a global staffing, consulting and technology solutions company, offering industry-specific solutions to our fortune 500 clients and worldwide corporations.
We have opening of Data Engineer for one of our clients in Houston, Texas 77056.
As a Data Engineer, you ll help ingest, transform and store clean and enriched data in ready for business intelligence consumption.
- You ll have experience in a Data Engineer role (5+ years), with a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- You build and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- You assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- You identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, data quality checks, minimize Cloud cost, etc.
- You build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, DataBricks, No-SQL
- You build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- You document and communicate standard methods and tools used.
- You work with other data engineers, data ingestion specialists, and experts across the company to consolidate methods and tool standards where practical.
- Big data tools: Hadoop, HDI, & Spark
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including COSMOS
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: DataBricks (Spark), ADF, Dataflow
- Microsoft Azure
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Streaming-Analytics, IoT Hub, Event Hub
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, SQL
WHAT YOU LL DO:
- You ll work independently on complex data engineering problems to support data science strategy of products
- You ll use broad and deep technical knowledge in the data engineering space to tackle complex data problems for product teams, with a core focus on using technical expertise
- You ll improve the data availability by acting as a liaison between Lab teams and source systems
- You ll collect, blend, and transform data using ETL tools, database management system tools, and code development
- You ll implement data models and structures data in ready-for business consumption formats
- You ll aggregate data across various warehousing models (e.g. OLAP cubes, star schemas, etc.) for BI purposes
- You ll collaborate with business teams and understand how data needs to be structured for consumption
For immediate consideration, please send resume to Amit Kumar at email@example.com OR Feel free to contact us at 316.