Job Number: 230916
Location: Boston, MA
Softworld is actively seeking a Data Engineer who will be working with a Data Strategy team responsible for the collection, maintenance, improvement, and manipulation of data within the operational and analytics databases. The candidate should be a creative thinker with a strong passion for building data products using the latest technology focused on data analytics.
- Participate in scrums as part of Agile development team
- Estimate size and Implementation of backlog items, translate into engineering design and logical units of work (tasks)
- Evaluation of technical feasibility
- Writes and verifies code which adheres to the acceptance criteria
- Application of product development standard methodologies
- Develops domain expertise (Investment data and processes) and applies to development of solutions.
- Work with investments and financial data in a variety of formats across structured and unstructured sources.
- Performs data research / profiling and applies results to solution design.
- Supports the data environment by releasing new features, resolving issues for users, and working with other technology teams to define standards.
- Identifies and implements appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Collaborates with teams to integrate systems.
- Develops and updates technical documentation.
- Builds positive relationships with key investments business partners and users to understand, gather, and develop products to meet their needs.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Generally, 3-5 years of professional experience
- Possess/develop in-depth understanding of data environment and leverages knowledge to build robust, scalable solutions.
- Possess/develop domain expertise around Investments data and processes and applies to development of solutions.
- Experienced with SQL and ideally the Microsoft SQL Server stack (SSIS, SSAS)
- Experience with data management systems; both relational and NoSQL
- Experience with business intelligence, analytics, and reporting tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with Python or other programming languages
- Understanding of data warehousing, modern Cloud / Hybrid data architecture concepts
- Familiarity with Agile development concepts - Test-Driven Design, MVP, iterative and incremental design and delivery
- Familiarity with ETL tools and concepts
- Familiarity with Data Modeling
- Familiarity with full stack application development
- Ability to adhere to guidelines and standards while innovating and contributing to evolution of those standards.
- Ability to balance support of legacy solutions with delivery of new business capabilities
THIRD PARTY AGENCIES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND RECRUITERS NEED NOT APPLY. Applicants received from firms will not be considered. Subcontracting is not available for this position.