Sr. Data Engineer
Under the direction of the Manager of Business Analytics and Reporting, the Sr. Data Engineer will design and maintain a highly scalable and reliable data pipeline between our data provider and Supreme Lending’s downstream reporting environment using a variety of platforms and tools.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Convert internal business partners’ requirements into sustainable architecture to meet their data needs
- Develop and craft solutions for long-term, sustainable, efficient, and reliable architectural design
- Root-cause and problem solve near-term and immediate breakages as they come
- Partner with internal DBA and IT staff on current and future state infrastructure and capabilities and drive the agenda of the Business Intelligence architecture needs
- Analyze business data requirements to produce relevant ETL and Data architecture deliverables (source analysis, source to target maps, ETL flows)
- Manage planning, testing, and implementation of new code and design into the data architecture
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of proven work experience as a Data Engineer, Data Architect, or similar role
- Experience with Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse (preferred but not required)
- Substantial hands-on coding (SQL) knowledge and experience to be tested in interview process
- Hands-on experience with data lake implementations, core modernization, and data ingestion
- Substantial (logical, physical, conceptual) design experience within data warehousing environments governed by applying appropriate methodologies.
- Dimensional Modeling expertise
- Data Concepts (ETL, near-/real-time streaming, data structures, metadata and workflow management)
- Data Integration Tools
- Experience with mortgage or financial services industry (preferred but not required)
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the company.