Title: Sr. Data Engineer
Full Time / Permanent position
H1b Sponsorship Available
Only candidates from MA, RI, NH, CT, NY, NJ, PA, VT, ME
We are building a team that will be responsible for Data Engineering and MLOps. The team will develop data pipelines, take data science prototype models to production, monitor operations and standup the necessary infrastructure in Azure to perform these functions. Read on if you are excited about using best-in-class tools and methodologies to help shape the future of Data Engineering and MLOps at our client
- Work with data scientists to specify data requirements for data science projects.
- Work with data owners to understand the data schema, the nature of data flow within the enterprise, and develop data dictionaries.
- Develop a deep understanding of the ingested data from a business perspective.
- Design robust, scalable, and maintainable data ingestion ETL/ELT pipelines.
- Choose appropriate data models and ensure that ingested data is high quality.
- Write high quality code that has high test coverage.
- Participate in code reviews to help improve code quality.
- Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Experience in project management and stakeholder-based delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or another quantitative field.
- 5 - 7+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in advanced data processing and software development is desired.
- Experience in deploying pipelines using Airflow.
- Proficient/expert level hands-on knowledge of shell scripting, Python, SQL, Azure, and AWS.
- Experience in extracting data using REST APIs and from databases (Oracle, MSSQL)
- Ideally, experience in administering Windows and/or Linux servers.
- Be intellectually curious and enjoy learning
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.