In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of data analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients leverage rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve the most complex of problems. By joining our team, you will play a key role in helping to our clients uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data and transforming the Government and Public Services marketplace.
Work you'll do
- As part of a cross-functional agile team, design and manage a data schema to support the launch of innovative products for Public Sector clients
- Understand user requirements and translate them into data storage requirements
- Design cutting edge data integrations in AWS
- Design and manage relational databases
- Extract, transform, and load (ETL) methods and tools
- Create and updating physical data models
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Analytics and Cognitive (A&C) offering is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data in order to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role - Secret
- 5+ years of experience designing and managing relational databases
- Expertise in extract, transform, and load (ETL) methods and tools, writing SQL queries and JSON objects
- Ability to document and explain data storage decisions
- Strong knowledge of best practices - ability to understand user requirements and translate them into data storage requirements
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experience creating and updating physical data models
- Ability to understand complex legacy systems and their data schemas
- Interest in enabling data-sharing across multiple systems
- Experience writing and interpreting data dictionaries
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.