What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
Protecting the health and wellness of our associates and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. In supporting this vision, our recruitment and new hire experience for this role is virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we're not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and new hire experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.What You'll Bring:
We'd Love to See
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- Deeply technical background - 8+ years working in Data with many years of experience as an individual contributor and at least 3+ years in management roles
- 5+ years' of hands-on experience with one or more general purpose programming languages Python/JAVA and Shell/Bash scripting
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in architecting Big Data applications using the Hadoop ecosystem, such as Hadoop (HDFS, YARN, MapReduce), Spark (Spark SQL Spark Streaming, MLLib), Pig, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Oozie
- 3+ years of experience collaborating with data science teams on data preparation, feature engineering, modeling and implementation
- Can easily communicate technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences and navigate between big-picture and technical details
- Experience identifying, developing, and growing talent
- Demonstrable experience in creating a culture of inclusion, ownership and accountability through role modeling company values
Impact You'll Make:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- Familiarity with AWS and cloud native data processing tools like Redshift, Presto, EMR, Glue, Athena, SageMaker. Certification on AWS Big Data technologies is a plus
- Hands-on experience in Data Science with R or Python and familiarity with deep learning frameworks
- Experience working with health care data
The Data Engineering Manager, Analytics will work closely with the Director of Analytics and Application Development to provide leadership in defining, developing, launching and managing the Healthcare Analytics product portfolio. You will leverage your domain expertise in Big Data, Analytics, and Machine Learning to drive the business forward via the next generation of TransUnion Healthcare internal big data platforms coupled with external analytics and application offerings.
- Standardize all data intake and processing to support a centralized Healthcare platform
- Manage the Data Analytics Program and continue development of the central analytics repository.
- Build a Center of Excellence around Data Analytics and Visualization.
- Develop a comprehensive, coherent and effective Data Strategy including Data Governance, Data Stewardship and Big Data Management.
- Further incorporate predictive analytics into the product portfolio
- Contribute to technical vision, winning support from engineering and aligning with product and business strategy
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters collaboration, open communication and delivering outcomes.
- Constantly improve team productivity, refine agile processes, and create methods to increase efficiency (Lean/DevOps)
- Provide technical leadership by inspiring your teammates to think outside the box as they deliver high quality software solutions
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Manager II, Applications Programming