The Data Governance team of Decision Sciences and Transformation (DSaT) department is seeking a highly motivated Data Governance Analyst
to start a career at GEICO.
Building our Data Governance platform, you will be at the intersection of data, systems, and people. You will work closely with IT and business stakeholders to onboard critical data assets and establish relevant processes with the ultimate goal of making it easier for teams across GEICO to find, understand, trust, and access the data they need. You will leverage your skills and knowledge to help establish our data governance practices and enhance data-driven business performance and compliance. You will support data stewards through education and facilitation of data issue resolution. You will participate in the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC) by writing requirements and user test plans as well as problem solving during development and deployment.Requirements Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience in Data Governance, Metadata Management, Business Intelligence, or Data Analysis
- 1-3 years of experience capturing and documenting complex business and functional requirements
- Exposure to Data Governance or Data Management tools (such as Collibra, IBM IIS, Informatica, etc.)
- Experience working within an Agile (Scrum, Kanban) methodology
- Ability to interact with internal customers at all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions
- Ability to identify problems/opportunities, analyze root cause, and present recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, or other Technology field preferred
- Experience with data lineage, data cataloging, and/or data policy implementation
- Experience with data analysis/BI tools such as Qlik, MicroStrategy, or Tableau
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and best practices for metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
- Working knowledge of Big Data, Data Lakes, and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with data profiling or defining data quality rules
- Experience writing/editing internal communications or training-related materials in a corporate environment
The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Indianapolis, IN or Chevy Chase, MD office.
As a full-time Data Governance Analyst, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
• Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
• 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.