The Governance Analyst will work with leadership and multiple functional teams to resolve data quality issues and provide guidance and support to ensure that master data attributes adhere to current policies and requirements.
Primary responsibility of this position is to work with business users and stakeholders to execute tasks related to data alignment in all enterprise systems, including gathering master data from end users, reviewing data quality reports, fixing master data in various systems, and working with leadership on design changes to master data.
He/she will work on assigned projects to develop and leverage organization-wide processes, capabilities and relationships to improve the data quality across the company.
The qualified resource should be comfortable working in a team and a matrix environment. This resource must work effectively with the various team members from the functional business areas to support enterprise initiatives.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a clear and confident manner to the end users the proper understanding of the data alignment process and all
- Analyze many cross-technology and cross platform to ensure that data entry for master attributes meets policies for data
governance and quality.
- Responsible for raising governance issues and conflicts regarding master data.
- Responsible for working to document governance policies and master data entry processes.
- Assume project manager duties for assigned projects.
- Perform in-depth data alignment analyses to support data governance/data quality improvement initiatives.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to end users and form productive relationships with internal customers by listening,
clarifying, and responding effectively.
- Provide support and insight regarding business processes as needed for the Master Data Tech team to improve the MDG
- Communicate to end users and team(s) in a professional and consistent manner throughout the entire process.
- Provide proper communication, guidance and support to the end users as required.
- Escalate appropriate business process and standards challenges to the technical team or leadership committee as needed
- Typically requires 1-4 years of experience within an enterprise deployment and/or support team. Background in accounting/
finance and/or operations a plus.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent training.