About us: Stratacent is all about delivering world-class IT solutions that are perfectly aligned to client needs, no matter how complex they may be. We are highly focused on our customers and our primary goal is to exceed expectations with every client who partners with us, with solutions that are innovative, practical and versatile enough to take their business to the next level. We follow the highest standards of professional ethics, delivering quality on time every time. Across every project, we strive to deliver reliable, scalable and agile solutions to clients' technology needs integrating our core values of excellence, commitment, collaboration and creativity. Our offsite development center is located at 101 Hudson Street, Jersey City, NJ a building covering 1.25 million square feet of space in a "Class A office tower 42 stories high, looming over the Hudson River/NYC Skyline and just 10 minutes from Wall Street in lower Manhattan. We recently celebrated Stratacent - Holiday Networking Event 2018 in December with our team, customers and friends at the Hotel Mandarin Oriental, NYC. http://stratacent.com/event/stratacent-holiday-networking-2018/ (short video and some pics)
Position: Data Governance Lead - Informatica
Location: The Woodlands (Houston) or New Orleans, LA
The Data Governance Lead will help support the overall enterprise analytics initiative with a primary focus on leading the enterprise wide data governance program including data quality and data catalog at the point of integration into the data lake. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Establish and govern an enterprise wide data governance, data quality and data management roadmap, including necessary IT solutions and/or external services
- Serve as a liaison between the business and IT and ensure that data related requirements are clearly defined, prioritized, and well understood
- Proactively champions the value of information (data) as a strategic business asset and revenue generator by providing the business and strategy teams with ideas and promoting those ideas into action; including developing and implementing communication, learning, change management and adoption plan
- Create and maintain DG policies, playbook(s), processes, procedures for guiding various data management processes, including adoption of data security and privacy, data quality control and data dissemination activities
- Align data management practices with regulatory requirements
The Data Governance Lead is a resource who understands various data storage solutions, including extract, transform and load technologies and is able to work with the Data Engineering team as needed. The Data Governance Lead will work collaboratively with data engineers, data scientists and business units to help solve their analytical needs.
- Lead the creation, maintenance and monitoring of the DG policies, processes, procedures and playbook(s) for guiding the data management aspects of the Enterprise Data Lake
- Working with the business units, help solve data quality/availability issues and work with the data engineers and data scientists.
- Define and establish the analytics governance for the use cases worked by the Enterprise Data and Analytics team
- Serve as the technical lead to enable the DG tools across the business units
- Be a champion for the company's Analytics efforts both inside and outside of the organization, promoting collaboration and communication through business unit driven use cases whilst building the company brand in the analytics space.
- B.S. Degree in a data-centric field (Economics, Computer Science or other science field), Information Systems, Information Processing or engineering.
- Desired: M.S. in economics, mathematics , statistics, computer science, finance, engineering or other analytical field
Experience required :
- 5+ years of experience in developing and/or supporting the data management effort including business intelligence in a fortune 500 company
- 2+ years of experience in managing the data as a corporate asset thru the utilization of Enterprise Data Warehouse or Data Lake
- 5+ years of experience in data validation or complex data intensive analysis that utilizes data modeling, manipulation and processing techniques (SQL, Informatica Power Center, Python etc.) to ensure (connected) datasets are of high quality and therefore fit for analysis/reporting purposes.
- 2+ years of experience in working with a data quality tool
- Desired: 2+ years' experience working in the electric and/or gas utility sector
Skills and abilities required of the position
- Knowledgeable in tools used to identify and manage structured and unstructured data
- Expert using data governance technologies such as Collibra or Informatica EDC
- Defined and implemented information lifecycle management practices
- Strong background and working knowledge in end-to-end data management principles
- Strong background in developing and utilizing tools that prepare, extract and manipulate data to create Connected datasets (data warehousing) that can be utilized for analytics purposes.
- Strong background and working knowledge of data quality improvements
- Strong communicator at the technical levels
- Experience discussing complex and new topics in a simple, easy-to-understand way
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Strong, demonstrated writing and presentation skills
- Health Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Continuous Learning Program
Stratacent is an equal opportunity employer. As such, to the extent defined by federal, state, and municipal law, Stratacent will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, handicap, or any other factor protected by law.