Kforce has a client in search of a Data Integration Engineer 1 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (WI).
With moderate direction, the Data Integration Engineer 1 is responsible for implementing EDI (Electronic Data Interface) inbound and outbound data feeds for clients and third-party administrators in accordance with established SLA's (Service Level Agreements). With limited direction, this position works with Oracle packages and procedures, Microsoft SQL Server stored procedures, and data objects to identify and correct data issues and system defects. In addition, this position involves writing SQL queries and scripts to support custom reporting requests, resolves data integrity issues and recommends process automation for large Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server database applications.
Essential duties & primary accountabilities:
* Interact and communicate professionally in an advanced verbal and written form with internal and external clients, vendors and third party administrators; This includes, but is not limited to, creating meeting agendas, hosting/facilitating meetings, managing the flow of information between groups or departments to ensure issues are resolved effectively, collaborating and coordinating with other IT groups and business units to support efforts to maintain data integrity, and educates clients and vendors on issues to facilitate communications
* Analyzes, identifies and resolves data conditions and anomalies in an efficient and effective manner by utilizing Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle scripts
* Creates detailed mapping plans to implement inbound or outbound participant file feeds (including eligibility, enrollment, and payroll information); This includes collaboration with a third-party vendor, developing an implementation plan, testing files (Quality Assurance) and moving to production
* Produces written specifications to capture business process requirements for proposed solutions
* Knowledge of business and technology as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or a closely related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Two to three years of experience implementing electronic data files or maintaining large amounts of data in a client-facing environment
* Basic SQL query formulation experience such as select and update statements while updating parameters based on requirements
* Driven for results and displays a sense of urgency
* Ability to quickly assess client and systems issues as well as research and investigate technical system transactions
* Good organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities in a frequently interrupted environment are essential; The ability to work independently, using individual judgement with limited supervision is also required
* Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills are essential; The ability to identify trends in data or process issues, analyze data and report issues to management is required; A good knowledge of file transfer protocols is essential; Advanced knowledge of SQL language and ability to read and edit existing SQL scripts
* The ability to interact effectively with team members, customers, developers and other staff is required; Advanced listening, communication and interpersonal skills are required; Excellent writing and editing skills are necessary to transfer information to individuals; A strong customer service orientation is essential
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.