Data Management & Architecture, Manager
As a Data Management & Architecture Manager at Deloitte, you will be part of developing processes, tools and governance to effectively harness and manage enterprise data assets in order to deliver operational excellence, new products and services, competitive agility, and growth.
Work you'll do
Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
* Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
* Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
* Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
* Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
* People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
The Enterprise Operations Portfolio is a collection of Offerings that helps clients achieve the maximum possible impact and value from their investments in Finance, Supply Chain and IT operations. By taking a holistic view of these key business functions from strategy articulation through process design and technology enablement, we can help our clients navigate their challenges while operating components of their business. As our clients drive towards their digital future, Finance, Supply Chain, and IT will play an increasingly important role in how they interact with their customers, suppliers, and other key stakeholders. By combining our strategy, ops improvement, implementation, and operate capabilities, we can be more creative in how we deploy our resources and drive innovation at market pace.
The Systems Engineering Offering delivers large-scale software applications, integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation. Systems Engineering practitioners focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program advise-implement-operate efforts.
Deloitte Consulting's financial services industry practice provides comprehensive, integrated solutions to the Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance, Investment Management and Real Estate sectors. Our breadth of services and industry knowledge allow us to understand each client's unique business needs and the ability to create and deliver real, lasting value.
Banking & Capital Markets
Mastering profitability and performance. Identifying new revenue sources. Tackling large-scale technology issues. For many executives in banking, this is the short list of their to-dos. Any single one is a tall order on its own - but together, they can seem insurmountable. Especially when you consider that it usually takes a variety of disciplines and capabilities for any of them to succeed.
That's why it's so important to have a team that pulls together the full range of insights where it matters most. Strategy and operations. Human capital. Technology. Enterprise applications. And more. Deloitte knows how to bring it all together in a way that creates real, lasting value. And with resources such as the Deloitte Center for Financial Services, we're constantly identifying new ways to stay ahead of the most complex issues of the day.
Strategy will help our clients:
* Identify strategies for growth and value creation
* Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, and capabilities to support their strategic vision
* Maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage technology and Cloud trends to architect future business strategies
Data Management & Architecture Managers are required to have:
* 8+ years of relevant data management consulting (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modeling) or industry experience
* Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience
* Ability to travel 80-100% of the time (Monday - Thursday/Friday)
* Significant experience leading complex data management engagements and team sizes ranging from 10 to 50 resources.
* Strong implementation experience and deep knowledge in any two of the following three areas and working knowledge of the other area at a minimum. Implementation experience in all the 3 areas preferred; Master Data Management, Data Governance, Data Quality
* Deep knowledge of the strategic business drivers and operational process requirements within at least one industry such as CPG, Gas and Oil, High Tech, Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing, Insurance, Banking or similar industry. Must be able to link industry specific business requirements to DM&A capability requirements.
* Deep knowledge of more than one DM&A toolset (MDM, Metadata, Data Quality) such as IBM MDM / Oracle MDM / Cloud MDM, SAP, Oracle PDM/DRM/DataHub/Hyperion MDM tools, IBM WebSphere MDM tools, Tibco, Kalido, Informatica, i2, SAS/DataFlux, Data Advantage Group / MetaCenter , Embarcadero Technologies, Global IDs / Metadata Crawler, Microsoft, Teradata, InfoLibrarian, LogicLibrary, and/or SchemaLogic
* Ability to architect an Enterprise Data Management solution and provide business, governance and technical recommendations to appropriate client managers
* Consulting or Industry experience in developing roadmap for an overarching data management and strategy initiative at an enterprise level
* Ability to recommend DM&A process, governance, organizational and platform models, tool selections and application integration options to clients
* Experience developing of statements of work and/or client proposals
* Experience transferring knowledge and best practices to client
* Experience working with CxO level executives on a daily basis
* Lead business opportunities to increase usability and profitability of portal interface and information architecture
* Lead executive level governance boards
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
* Eagerness to mentor junior staff
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience
* An advanced degree in specialization
* Proven skills as a project manager on multiple full life cycle implementations
* Adept at implementing technology-enabled business solutions for clients
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment