Data Manager role in Financial Planning and Analysis NOTE: Ideal candidate must have data governance/strategy and data management acumen/experience. Must have managed a team of 2 or more directs, as this role will have 4 direct reports.Job Summary:
This is a unique opportunity to gain broad experience, have significant responsibility for a variety of projects and engage with key decision-makers. Reporting to the VP of FP&A, this individual is responsible for fostering value creation from the use of the organization' s data assets. The authorities include value creation through envisioning data-enabled strategies as well as enabling all forms of business outcomes through data management and governance and enterprise information policy. This individual will partner with the analytics team to leverage existing data and help define future data needs that will drive business insights. The Enterprise Data Manager will also promote and advance thinking in the organization on all aspects of data governance including data quality, metadata management, master data management, and information architecture. Key Responsibilities:
- Drive the development and deployment of the enterprise' s data platform.
- Partner with the Analytics team to help formulate the strategic roadmap to foster a culture of data analysis and knowledge sharing, increasing collaboration and communication across the organization.
- Provide data expertise to the organization, identifying opportunities that serve the needs of the organization and can measurably drive business outcomes through the lens of data.
- Identify key trends, opportunities, and challenges within our data; design projects, goals, and outcomes to drive key initiatives forward to improve team and company results.
- Identify new kinds, types, and sources of data to drive business innovation throughout the organization. Define processes for the effective, integrated introduction of new data.
- Advance the organization' s thinking of data governance concepts, explaining the benefits of data governance policies and procedures within the context of the user' s needs.
- Lead, set and maintains a strategic roadmap for the Data Governance Program.
- Identify and standardize the use and governance of data in support of the enterprise' s business strategy. This includes the governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytical applications and automated decision making. Partner with Data Governance Council to establish a vision, to govern and to create a culture that manages data as an enterprise asset.
- Support the Data Governance Council by driving and delivering on data-related projects and initiatives defined on the roadmap.
- Define and execute processes to monitor data governance policies and procedures to ensure data integrity and privacy, establish consistent data definitions and monitor overall data quality
- Identify producers and consumers of master data as well as how the data will be used for reporting and analytics.
- Help elevate the data knowledge level and competence of the organization through data literacy content that promotes access and awareness to data and analytics concepts.
- Develop and maintain controls on data quality, interoperability, and sources to effectively manage corporate risk associated with the use of data and analytics.
- Implementation of processes and procedures to minimize the risk to data integrity as well as define remediation plans to mitigate known data risks.
- Lead Data Stewards & influence Data Custodians on their role and their ownership of the data and maintaining standards of data quality.
- Communicate and liaise between business units to thoroughly understand business requirements and its impact on master data additions and changes
- Document and define existing data structures and relationships between ERP and supporting systems
- Responsible for ensuring timely completion of data maintenance by the team and monthly reporting of key performance data management metrics with a focus on data quality and accuracy
- Provide input on data requirements and participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in efforts sponsored by the business unit which impact data. In-Depth knowledge of assigned business processes is expected to be learned over time
- Perform root cause analysis for prioritized Data issues and defects, audit data quality and coordinate remediation activities within the business units
- A bachelor' s or master' s college degree in business administration, computer science, data science, information science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Five plus years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts. SAP experience a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated leadership; ability to develop direct reports, track record of leading complex, multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes and information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards
- Ability to communicate openly and honestly with colleagues and customers. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and content of the work, and complies with information confidentiality requirements where applicable
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships by collaborating with customers by fully understanding and meeting their expectations
- Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills; able to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
- Data literacy -- the ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options. The ability to translate among the languages used by executive, business, IT and quant stakeholders.
- Gravitas to develop a framework for information and analytics governance, as well as to sell and embed it in all levels of the business.
- Capacity to work in a non-structured environment and help in building structure/governance processes.
- Seen as a team player that encourages collaboration and quickly gains trust and support of peers. Finds common ground and solves problems for the benefits of all
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. The ability to sell ideas and processes internally at all levels.
- This position requires minimal travel on an as-needed basis