Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
Travelers Insurance Companies Bond & Specialty Insurance Information Technology group is seeking a talented professional Data Architect to join and guide our organization in an exciting variety of initiatives. This position requires a self-driven technically competent individual to provide architectural guidance, technological recommendations and transition strategies that support the development and implementation of business solutions.
We will rely on your abilities as a partner on a talented team of technical professionals. Ideally, you're someone who can help guide others towards technology solutions you believe in. You possess a balance of professional competencies, technical depth, and strong interpersonal skills. If this sounds like you, we'd love to speak with you! Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations.
- Ensure architectural adherence through blueprint and design reviews.
- Determine data structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems.
- Develop and Maintain data structures and data models by determining structural requirements; developing and communicating solutions.
- Assist in the remediation of application stability and performance.
- Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance.
- Perform project level design, debug and performance analysis.
- Responsible for the development and production support of enterprise application utilities and models to include publishing, best practices and guidelines for supported technologies.
- Work with vendors and product management areas to establish required infrastructures and frameworks.
- Provide 'Shrink Wrap' solutions to solve business and technical needs.
- Perform product evaluations, and Proof of Concepts'.
- Provide architectural strategy and subject matter expertise in the following areas (dependent on knowledge and expertise):
- Development platforms (.NET, J2EE, COM)
- User and B2B Interfaces.
- Web Service design.
- Application Integration.
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, ETL, RDBMS
- Middleware technologies.
- Transaction design (OLTP, Batch, etc.).
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year of technology related experience required.
- Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 3+ years of working with Erwin Data Modeler. Proficiency with this tool preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 2 years of product/project management and/or Software Development Life Cycle preferred.
- 5+ years of prior experience with relational data design for online transactional systems preferred.
- Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge:
- Exposure to NoSQL (document databases, modeling, and document data design).
- Has master level knowledge of multiple programming disciplines and a thorough understanding of the business that the assigned projects are supporting.
- Uses this understanding of the business and systems environment to develop appropriate and timely solutions to daily issues.
- Has conceptual knowledge of varying technologies and the ability to make decisions based on that knowledge.
- Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated
- Builds relationships with peers and other departments to achieve objectives, to work as one team and to secure necessary resources not under his/her personal control.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above own interest
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.