Sponsorship is not available for this position.
The Senior Data Modeler/Architect develops data models satisfying business requirement. Serves as the lead technical resource in the strategic oversight of data integration and design of Enterprise Data Warehouse (Netezza) and supporting platforms such as SQL Server and DB2. Works closely with DBAs and ETL developers to review and evaluate database design and performance.
• Understand and translate business needs into data models in supporting long-term solutions for ACE Enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
• Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
• Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
• Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
• Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
• Validate Enterprise data objects for accuracy and completeness.
• Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
• Define the overall BI data architecture, including ETL processes, ODS, EDW and data marts. Expert in the Kimball Methodology for Data Warehousing
• Provide oversight across projects to ensure Data Models and ETL/BI designs align to standards and best practices for achieving maximum consistency, performance and efficiency of the DW/BI ecosystem.
• Become as a SME for data integrated with Enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Provide BI technical and architectural guidance to projects and teams, ensuring that new initiatives enable effective data reporting.
• Collaborate with key business users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
• Provide data quality, integrity and reliability by ensuring operational and analytic systems are designed for optimal information management.
• Develop reporting solutions as needed.
• Ensure effective communication of user requirements.
• Bachelor degree in an Information Systems, Engineering, or Computer Science field and possesses 5-7 years of Business Intelligence experience. Master degree in computer science field preferred.
• 7+ years of strong experience in database and data warehousing concepts and techniques.
• 5+ years of design and modeling experience using ER studio or similar data modelling tool.
• Proficiency and experience in establishing the technical direction for architecting large-scale EDW environments
• Strong knowledge of relational and dimensional modeling, data Warehouse operating environments and related technologies and data governance practices.
• Experience in multiple database platforms, including Netezza, SQL Server, and DB2.
• Experience working with end users to gather requirements and build technical solutions from concept to implementation.
• Experience with ETL tools like InfoSphere DataStage, SSIS or similar tool is preferred.
• Heavy experience using data modeling (i.e. ERStudio) and data profiling tools.
• Experience or Understand of reporting platforms like SSRS, Essbase, OBIEE, SAS and Qlik tools are nice to haves.
• Must understand and adhere to change management and the change control process.
• Must be very organized and know how to accurately and thoroughly document all solutions produced.
• Must be an excellent communicator and be willing to train and mentor others.
• Banking/Financial Industry Experience is a plus
1231 Greenway Dr, Ste 600 Irving, TX, 75038