Farmers Branch, TX Description: Our client is currently seeking a Data Modeler
Data Modeler, ETL Engineer
Farmers Branch, Texas
The position is responsible for designing data models for all assigned projects with an
emphasis on enterprise data modeling standards.
The data modeling tasks will include the following:
- Create industry standard data models using the CA Erwin Data Modeling solution.
- Enhance and create enterprise data structures and a data dictionary.
- Manage Meta Data and Meta Data Definitions for new and existing data models.
- Maintain and enhance existing data modeling standards such as naming conventions and
data modeling standards.
The position is also responsible for:
- Creating ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) solutions using best practices for Data
- This includes, but is not limited to generating Source-To-Target Mappings, executing
Data Profiling on Source and Target Systems in preparation from ETL solutions.
- Creating complete ETL solutions with scheduled ETL Jobs for enterprise deployment.
Your Key Job Functions
- Incorporate new data requests into project and enterprise data models.
- Create and manage conceptual, logical, and physical data models using best practices
for generation, creation and naming standards.
- Work with the business and technical teams to fully understand the business
requirements and be able to translate them into data structures and also
account for changing business needs.
- Compare data objects for impact analysis and structure changes.
- Analyze and profile source data to find underlying data/domain relationships and gaps.
- Reverse and forward engineering of data models.
- Create Meta Data and a Data Dictionary for each project data model.
- Assisting with data extraction, transformation, and loading.
- Create Source-To-Target Mappings with Meta Data Definitions.
- Create ETL Mappings with Informatica Designer, Workflow Manager, Repository Manager
and Scheduled Deployments.
- Performing code reviews with and for other team members.
- Ensure and track model deployments across all the environments.
- Provide walkthroughs & publish changes to all technology teams before every release
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor's degree in a data-focused discipline, or the equivalent in skill and training.
- 5 Years of experience in data modeling, data marts, and data transformation.
- Understanding and practical experience with normalization, dimensional modeling, relational
modeling, business process relationships, and best practices in data warehouse
- Experience with SQL Server (2012 & 2016), Teradata, and Snowflake preferred.
- Strong coding skills in Standard SQL.
- Experience with Informatica (including PowerCenter suite of tools) and SSIS (including
package creation and deployment) preferred.
- Experience with CA Erwin a plus.
- Familiarity with standard change control procedures and documentation best practices for
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Be customer centric; listening, understanding and responding to customer needs
while being committed to the customer first philosophy, including both internal
and external customers.
- Proven team player with willingness to learn and help others.
- Proven ability to keep information confidential.
- Detail oriented and highly organized; perform duties with a high level of accuracy.
- Effective interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively and professionally
with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to communicate technical issues clearly.
- Excellent time management skills to complete all responsibilities. Ability to identify and eliminate low return
- Exhibit the ability to improvise, adapt, and overcome unforeseen obstacles to achieve
- Excel at working independently; ability to handle responsibilities and/or problems
with little supervision.
Richard Bower, Technical Recruiter, Judge Technology Solutions
12700 Park Central Drive, Suite 1070 Dallas, Texas 75251
mobile (817) 988-7088 email email@example.com www.judge.com
Click to learn more about Judge-s Technology, Talent & Learning Solutions
people powered business solutions
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com