SHIFT: Day Job
SCHEDULE: Full-timeYour Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc
., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. Data Platform Architect, Principal
*This position can be located within a 50-mile radius of an Anthem office
The Data Platform Architect, Principal, is responsible for the design and development of the Enterprise Data Program by working with the IT leadership in identifying and implementing modern data platform strategy, methodologies, programs, processes, standards, organizational structure, metrics and data structures. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the senior IT leadership and senior business to drive and delivery the strategic data programs across the organization.
- Define and implement data and analytic strategies and roadmaps, driving and enabling data capabilities,
- Identify new data platform and technologies to deliver the enterprise data needs.
- Ensure established technology standards, patterns, and principles are implemented as defined by the IT Enterprise initiative strategies initiatives and roadmaps.
- Define conceptual data platform architecture diagrams in support of large, complex and cross capability-area initiatives.
- Oversee the delivery of conceptual end to end platform artifacts.
- Oversee the operationalizing and facilitation of programs or COE for Data Platform Governance, multiple End-user platform Governance (Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive), Data Quality, Data Security, Data Access, Data Platform usage standards and patterns.
- Ensure alignment of enterprise data platform architecture with our business and technology strategy needs and road and roadmaps by communicating to business and technical partners across multiple levels within the organization.
- Ensure documentation and communication of high-level business and technical strategy and roadmaps.
- Define and establish a technical strategy, standards, and guidelines in the data platform architecture domain in collaboration with other architects.
- Implement program(s) establishing the subsidiary technical data platform strategy as well as technical standards and guidelines related to the use of data, data services, micro services, and data management.
- Partner with IT leadership and business stakeholders to define the targeted architecture by defined use cases.
- Identify and lead selection and implementation of data platforms in support of Modern Data Architecture and multiple end use cases.
- Champions and responsible for the enterprise data platform technology and architectural standards, guidelines, principles, frameworks, and reference models, defining the modern data architecture leveraging public cloud platforms.
- Collaborate, educate, and mentor architects and technical leaders on modern data architecture practices.
- Requires Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with IT focus degree; 10+ years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 8+ years of experience in strategizing and implementing cloud data platforms leveraging cloud technologies in AWS, AZURE, required.
- 8+ years of experience with ETL and BI tools, integration standards and protocols (e.g., SOAP, UDDI), XML schema, JSON. With intimate knowledge in SOA integration and testing methodologies.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.