Kforce has a client in Middleboro, MA that is seeking a Data Platform Engineering Lead for a remote role.
We are looking for a highly technical, hands-on developer who is also an effective people manager to build and own BI platforms across the cooperative and to drive democratization of data, making it accessible for self-service by various functions. The ideal Data Platform Engineering Lead will be proficient in modern data, engineering and data warehouse technologies, must have hands-on experience implementing BI platforms and must also be comfortable directing, planning and coordinating a team. This remote role will report to the Director of BI & MDM and will contribute to building a top-quality engineering team and technology practice.
* Data Platform Engineering Lead will participate in Data Warehouse target state design
* Build and own operations, performance and optimization of BI platforms
* Be the conduit between data platform engineering team and data science/analytics/ insights team
* As a Data Platform Engineering Lead, you will build and own instrumentation to ensure secure data collaboration and increased ease of discovery
* Assist in setting governance models for data preparation and quality assurance with 3rd parties
* Stay current on industry trends and data technologies
* The Data Platform Engineering Lead will support the team's growth and career development through active mentorship and coaching
* BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent relevant experience
* Minimum of 5+ years of software engineering experience and 2+ years of management experience
* Python Development experience
* Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relation databases, query authoring (SQL)
* Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architecture and data sets
* Experience working in cloud environment (Azure preferred, AWS and Google Cloud Platform experience is acceptable)
* Experience ingesting data from various types of data stores like SQL and NoSQL databases, key value stores, blob/file stores
* Experience ingesting data securely from modern integrations like webhook and APIs
* Excellent communication. Ability to present ideas and insights to business stakeholders in a fast-paced organization
* Experience with Snowflake a plus
* Experience with Python preferred
* CPG industry knowledge preferred
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.