Data Practice Lead
Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast-growing digital services company providing Fortune 500 companies with Digital Transformation, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Integration services in both information technology and engineering product lines. STG has a 98% repeat business rate from existing clients and have achieved industry awards and recognition for our services.
Crain’s Detroit Business named STG to Michigan’s Fastest Growing Companies list in both 2020 and 2019, Top IT Services Company’s List in 2020, 2019, 2018, and Top Minority Business Enterprise List in 2020, 2019, and 2018. To learn more about STG, please visit www.stgit.com
STG puts company CULTURE at the forefront of every business decision and employees are EMPOWERED and MEASURED for RESULTS. Both TEAMWORK and INDIVIDUAL Performance is recognized and rewarded.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead a data practice function, helping create and shape data strategy for enterprise data warehouse servicing external and internal customers.
- Build a high performing team of professionals responsible for data curation, manipulation and design of future state.
- Create and/or drive the creation of portfolio specific roadmaps/platform strategy
- Advise customer executives on technology and architecture trends in both structured data and data lake subject areas
- Identify and aid in the decision making around architecture trade-offs with risks, delivery, scalability/performance, flexibility, maintainability, security, and other quality concerns.
- Research and publish strategic guidance for emerging or “new to us” technology and architecture.
- Document new and existing database schema and design and provide client-facing documentation on our data model and architecture and assist customers and prospects on understanding our data architecture.
- Monitor and review systems so that they are designed and developed in compliance with security, privacy, accessibility, SOX, legal, and other governance policies.
- Responsible for understanding and adapting to new technologies, tools, methods and processes.
- Support and influence the team culture of being customer centric and continuously improving.
- Lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes.
- In collaboration with others apply engineering principles to solve complex problems while leveraging sound engineering practices.
- Review external solutions and provide technical assessments.
- Work with multiple client partner teams to implement cohesive end-to-end experiences.
- Supporting RFPs and proposals – driving the solution
- Strong business consulting exposure
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ Senior Level leadership roles
- 10+ years’ experience developing data management solutions and strategy across a range of industry, client and technologies, including ETL and database solution development supporting data integration, data warehousing, data lake and analytic pipelines
- 3+ years of experience defining technical architecture, infrastructure design, system requirements, and technical analysis/design as well as implementing data management systems, including experience with Big Data systems (e.g., Hadoop, EMR), cloud data warehouses (e.g., Redshift, Snowflake data warehouses (e.g., Redshift, Snowflake), unified analytics platforms such as Databricks, integration technologies and frameworks (e.g., ETL, MDM, EAI, Data Services),and reporting/analytic systems, and Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, etc
- Expert architecture, design, & implementation skills in most of the following areas: SQL, SOA, and OLTP design and development and a high degree of understanding of security, scalability, flexibility, maintainability, and reliability
- 4+ years of experience designing and implementing Enterprise Data Governance solutions, DevSecOps environment building CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Git, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS Code)
- 3+ years of experience working within modern data architecture setup involving AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure and working within the full lifecycle SDLC as part of a software product and operations team environment
- Expert knowledge of SQL with a focus on Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Previous experience designing AWS, Azure or other Cloud solutions.
- Experience in one or more of Google BigQuery, Cloudera, Databricks, and Amazon Redshift, Snowflakes
- Hands on experience with various Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, Superset, Kibana, D3.js, QlikView/Qlik Sense, Power BI
- Excellent data driven approach to software engineering, design, coding, debugging, problem solving and analytical skills with a solid understanding of testing practices.
- Experience in data modelling (conceptual, logical and physical)
- Experience using structured design and modelling techniques
- Experience with MDM concepts and tools
- Experience with all or any of the following testing: performance testing, security testing, privacy testing, accessibility testing, localization/globalization testing, etc.
Characteristics We are Seeking:
- A high degree of initiative and flexibility
- High customer orientation
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of testing practices
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
- Experienced agile practitioner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work through ambiguous situations
This position is based in our corporate office located in Troy, Michigan. Please note that Hybrid/Remote is available.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms. Sharmli Somaskandan at sharmli.somaskandan(@)stgit.com and/or contact at 248.712.6709.
For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com