Project Manager Contract to Hire Eden Prairie MN or Remote What Project/Projects will the candidate be working on while on assignment?
Unified Data Strategy Is this person a sole contributor or part of a team?
Part of a team but responsible for leading the planning and execution of multiple workstreams within the planned program roadmap. Please describe the team, and any soft skills/cultural considerations for an ideal candidate:
This resource will need to have experience with healthcare operations, customer facing collaboration, and the core Project Management skills outlined in the responsibilities below. What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position?
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
- Manage multiple concurrent workstreams within the project.
- Develop and maintain relevant reports, work plans and tracking tools as necessary to track and report project progress
- Monitor and document project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle to ensure adherence to established quality standards
- Develop, communicate and implement program and project risk, issue management plans and strategies
- Develop and implement contingency and recovery plans when deliverables are missed (e.g., identify critical path, document, plan for getting back on plan schedule, Business Continuity Plan, failover planning)
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership
- Act as coordinator and be responsible for leading the overall project execution
- Consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service and quality
- Maintain PMO tools for analysis and reporting for the initiatives
What skills/attributes are a must have?
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
- Lead or contribute to development of project scope statements with applicable stakeholders
- Identify project duration, effort, sequence, and dependencies of tasks required to meet applicable project objectives
- Drive/participate in the capital request process, as appropriate (e.g., presentations, cost-benefit analysis, business case)
- Responsible for identification and recommendation of possible opportunities to generate new revenue based on program experience and data internal
- Accountable for financial management through the lifecycle of project and managing budget expectations around savings and revenue
Where is the work to be performed?
- PMI certification (or equivalent)
- Preference for 2+ years of experience with new business implementations
- 2+ or more year's health plan and/or claim experience
- Six Sigma or Lean certification
MN or Telecommuter. What are the work hours?
Primary alignment to standard 8AM-5PM Central Time preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or