General Position Summary:
The QA Data Analyst will develop and execute testing scripts using Oracle PL/SQL for migration of new tables into the National Data Warehouse. Purpose is to help identify, isolate and communicate data problems that were not discovered during ETL peer review. Responsibilities will include gathering and clarifying requirements, creating test scenarios, creating test cases, end-to-end tests, regression tests, troubleshooting and bringing tasks to closure.
This position requires a full understanding of healthcare data (e.g. membership, claims, clinical and provider data). The QA Data Analyst will demonstrate advanced analytic and problem solving skills and be recognized as a thought partner with ETL developers and data analysts.
- Review source to target documents and create testing scripts to ensure data is being loaded correctly into the National Data Warehouse.
- Execute planned testing, document testing result and track defects.
- Meet with business and technical teams to discuss functional design concepts and alternatives necessary to meet requirements.
- Summarizes testing and validation results and is able to communicate and make recommendations/decisions on the best course of action to remediate. Resourceful at coming up with solutions using existing or available resources based on knowledge of the organization and level of execution effort.
- Help define acceptance test objectives, test cases and assist in system and integration testing.
- Supports practices, policies and operating procedures and ensures alignment to departmental objectives and strategy.
- Teammate is able to make the complex seem less complex, is a consensus builder and brings people and teams together. Is able to calm tense situations by bringing clarity and organization to the forefront. Ensures each level of the organization has the information needed and the context needed to produce favorable results. Builds strong relationship with IT operational leaders to ensure connectivity to the business.
- Supports a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities. Holds self accountable for technical abilities, productive results and leadership attributes.
- Job involves a high degree of complexity and multitasking.
- Incumbent collaborates with team of professionals and is responsible for ensuring high level of quality work by applying team best practices and standards.
- Duties are performed with general management oversight. Decisions are made within established departmental guidelines, Errors in judgment or work performance could result in insufficient operation for the organization.
Specific Job Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of QA Data Analyst testing experience.
- 2+ years SQL or Oracle database querying experience. Ability to create complex queries.
- 2+ years working knowledge in a Data Warehouse/BI environment.
- 2+ years working knowledge of healthcare medical group business areas (clinical, operations, care management).
- Strong SQL skills and full understanding of querying relational databases.
- Experience with data quality and profiling tools.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA & Confluence preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, analytical, writing, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or similar required.
- Job requires hours that may exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity. Moderate to high job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflicting and sometimes changing deadlines.
- Less than 5% travel required