About the role:
The Data QA Automation Engineer is responsible for automating and optimizing data quality checkpoints and metric collection to facilitate effective data management and governance of ATTOM data assets. This is a hands-on development/analyst position with a primary focus to assist in creating systems that constantly monitor and enhance the value they provide to our data customers.
What you will do:
- Develop scripts and tools to facilitate proactive test methodologies in support of new feature development on data platforms.
- Assist with development and automation of regression test scenarios in support of data development efforts.
- Create solutions to compile platform telemetry including data quality and system performance metrics
- Evangelize a practice of monitor, manage and mine in all ATTOM data environments:
Monitor – data processes for compliance with established quality standards – field population, timeliness and volume
Manage – take appropriate action based on monitoring results
Mine – examine historical data for new patterns and propose modification to existing rules as appropriate
- Work with the data acquisition team and the Data Quality Manager to establish and refine data quality standards
- Make recommendations regarding data collection\capture and data import processes
- Data Profiling: Prepares preliminary analysis of potential new data sources
- Monitor and report on all data pipeline tasks while working with appropriate teams to take corrective action quickly, in case of issues
- Review project objectives and determine best technology for implementation. Implement best practice standards for development, build and deployment automation.
- Work with internal teams to understand current process and areas for efficiency gains
- Work with various application code bases
- Write well-abstracted, reusable and efficient code
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Create test plans from detailed software requirements
- Create and Execute test procedures from test plans
- Devise automation scripts or create specifications for automation as needed
- Interface with software development team(s), customers, and vendors when needed
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ years of professional experience for level I
- 4+ years of professional experience for level II
- achievement of Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), preferred
- Development experience with SQL Server 2016 or later
- Strong T-SQL skills
- Solid understanding of database design
- SSIS or other ETL tool development
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Change management and task workflow systems (Vault, VSS, JIRA, TFS)
ATTOM Data Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer/W/M/Dis. Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.